• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hot Stuff!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pmt2k

Does anyone know what an AMD 1.0Ghz Processor running on an ABit KT7 (non-raid) motherboard should run at temperature wise, mine is running at around 50 degrees Celsius, is this good, if not, how do I cool it down even further??? I have an expensive fan and heatsink on it, but it doesn't seem to be very cool, I noticed that some people say theirs run at little more than 30 degrees Celsius... please help.

is there any options in my bios that may help?

thanks!

pmt2k (Apr 22, 2001 12:13 p.m.):
Does anyone know what an AMD 1.0Ghz Processor running on an ABit KT7 (non-raid) motherboard should run at temperature wise, mine is running at around 50 degrees Celsius, is this good, if not, how do I cool it down even further??? I have an expensive fan and heatsink on it, but it doesn't seem to be very cool, I noticed that some people say theirs run at little more than 30 degrees Celsius... please help.

is there any options in my bios that may help?

thanks!
50c is ok, not great but ok. What are your case temps? That will have an effect on how well your HSF does. Couple more questions, Are you overclocked at all and which HSF do you have?

You might try reseating your hsf. If you didn't use thermal grease you need to that little pad on the bottom of a hsf doesn't do a very good job.Also you might lap your heat sink. Artic Silver is worth the money and good for a couple of degrees.

Back