• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!! CPU WAS WORKING FINE

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

supraway

The first night I got my Duron 800, I booted it up FIRST TIME at 8x133 3.6 io 1.85 vcore. Ran perfectly for about 2 hours. I was running SiSoft Sandra CPU benchmarks, Prime 95, Counter-Strike, but I decided to try a little more. Went up to 8.5x133 and wouldn't boot, so I held insert, and put my settings back at 8x133. From then on, I have been having problems. I can get the computer to fully boot, but once I get into windows and run Prime 95, it gives me hardware errors. Right now I am running at 10x100 just fine, but I would rather do 7.5x133. Any ideas?

You say you got out of the hang with the insert key trick. Try clearing your cmos and rebuild your parameters back to where they were, using 8x133. Are you using PC133 ram?

Hoot

Just checked the ram, it is in fact pc133. Xerox 16x8 CL3 up to 133mhz. Motherboard is Abit KT7E. This is confusing me. I am really.... confused....

I have the same ram sitting here. It runs CL2 at 133 solid. Thats what I used before I got the tonicom 150CL2 stick. The KT7E is new enough that I'm not going to comment more on it. I have read that it runs 133 okay, sometimes even higher, though it is not certified for that. I'll let some of the others wade in on the problem. You could have just been lucky that first time. I had 10x150 running solid one evening, but not since. Fails Prime95, but runs everything else okay. Hang in there.

Hoot

Back