• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Writers for my Website wanted

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Sounds like a fun opportunity for an aspiring writer. Although, I don't know if the mods will like your post as I'm sure it will be considered as advertising. Just an FYI. ;)

we dont make money or anything off the site. Its just a hobby of ours and would like more content and want knowledgable people like you guys to contribute some tutorials, reviews or some article about something to us.

I'm a hard *** because we're not willing to spend years building a web site only to have someone funnel traffic over to their site?

as I said...it's in the rules we agreed to when we signed up for the site.

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception.

Shadow ÒÓ said:
I'm a hard *** because we're not willing to spend years building a web site only to have someone funnel traffic over to their site?

as I said...it's in the rules we agreed to when we signed up for the site.

4. We do not permit advertising OF ANY KIND! This includes posting your URL, offering items for sale or trade Or announcements of new sites This applies equally to commercial and private ads. We do permit Senior Members to post their URLs - this is the only exception.

Exactly. If you still want people to help you with your site, go to the appropriate section and post something along the lines of, "Can someone help me with the coding for my site? I need someone experienced who can make it look good. Please help!" or something like that. This is not an advertising board. Please don't make it look spammy by putting ads in here. They tried to get rid of all the spammers with the "Big Change" (You know what I'm talking about... ;) ) which I am not entirely behind, but it was still a good thing for the forums. Just maybe in a less... um... severe way. :)

AMD_Me said:
why the hell are the admins such hard asses? most of the mods are cool anyway...

Well everything Shadow said and everything comes out of skip's pocket. The advertising banner you see on top covers close to nothing and he isn't paying 1.5grand/month to be a billboard for other sites unless he gets something in return.

I am very sorry. I was just trying to get knowledable people to submit some of their work. I dont want to take hits away from you. I love your site and dont want anything bad to happen to it. Sorry and it wont happen again.

Back