• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows ME & AMD Overclocking?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
when i try to over clock past 1400 from my 1.33 thunderbird regardless of how i do it multiplier vs fsb i get a sys boot and than start to load windows i than get a blue screen that say windows halted protection while loading config.mgr ? What has to be changed in ME so my AMD can stretch it s legs. i disabled sys. registry that didnt help, anyone that can help will beapprecitated. Abit kt7a-raid mobo, pc133 ram, cpu temp 38 degrees, voltages good, all sys say go except windows me like i said it starts to load than get halted.

Sounds like my >1136MHz limit, but you shouldn't have a limit at 1.4g with that chip. Did you use 95/98 before ME with that computer?
It might be ME problem, as I HAD to use my ME yesterday and I had to use safemode to get it working... I hadn't touched my ME for like a month...

nada fresh format ME is the only operating system that has ever been on this computer ?

That being the case, I'm out of suggestions on the software side. Try a different mobo? Other RAM-chips? ... :(

I would try win 98SE straight. I had ME on my machine fresh install and got Windows Protection errors like twice a day. IT SUCKS THE BIG ONE. I was running my 800 T-bird at 910 (6.5X140) and figured it might be the high fsb. After I got my Swiftech mc462 I was running it at 8X125 or a 1 gig. With the same problems I even tried it at 8 X100. Never had a problem with win98se or now I'm running win2k.

KT7A-RAID
800 T-bird @ 1gig (8X125) idles at 2C above ambient running around 35C at full load.
2 128mb Sticks of Mushkin REV 2 Ram CAS 2 @ 133
1 20 gig ibm desktar 7200 rpm
1 10 gig ibm Desktar 7200 rpm
kenwood 72X true
Plexwriter 12/10/32
sb live value
3com office connect NIC

Win me is armed with bells and wistles and also full of craps for me. I Installed couple times on my machine but later get tired of it... to many crashes...So Back to the 98 SE now and never look back again at ME.

Back