• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DOES A PEP66 FIT ON A KT7A WITHOUT MODIFICATION?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm pretty sure it won't fit without a mod, but the mod is really easy, so why not just do it? If u need a link for the mod, let me know and i'll try to find you one.

Aaron

Just rotate the shroud 90 degrees, so that the fan sits on top of the HS. That way you can use a fatter fan. Also, put another fan to suck the air away from the HS, it helps very much. Something like 2C-5C, I think.

You can't mount the fan on top without doing the mod. The mod is very easy an takes about 10 minutes or less.
Here is the mod:http://www.2cooltek.com/kt7.html I had to do it to mine so the fan fit on top. You will have to copy an paste it as it didn't insert a hyperlink.

Had a Pep66 for my KT7A and it needed the fan plate moding to fit on top of heatsink as it normaly sits on the side and this dont fit with all the little green condensors on my mobo..So it does need modding

i have a pep66 also and it will fit either way with my mobo (soyo k7vta-pro)

my question is which way is more efficient? right now i have my t-bird 1100 to 1406 with temps up to 43 deg. under load.

would i get better results if i put the fan on top instead of the side?

Get another delta or some such and attach it also to the HS... Makes a very nice difference. One on top, one on the side. Side blows, top sucks. :)

Back