• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2 lost ability to O/C after

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
Hi this is weird,, got a new cable modem and my ability to overclock has vanished somewhat.

Abit KT7A
1.2 at 1.33
The nic card is the same one I have had on the old cable modem,and the only system change made has been a shinny new cable modem

I have been able to run this system at 150x9,155x9
11x130, 10x133,10.5x133

9x150 and 9x155 ran fine untill i stressed system and my temps would climb.Stability died at 55c.But if i did not stress it out to hit high temps system ran awsom.So i was siked up to get water cooling and can my Alpha 6035.

NOW with a new Cable modem I can only get 9x133 10x133,I am going to disconnect this modem and see if it has something to do with it.If it does I may just laugh my *** off,because it is external and the last item I would think to cause a overclocking problem.

I switched for the 9.95 phone service LMAO.

The new box has this col phone feature,and as it is now my wife is on our line so much I needed a phone that was not mobile,So in came this new cable box !!!

I did disconnect from the cable box still cannot set system to anything but 9x133,or 10x133.If i set it any other way i boot to a black screen !!!!!!
Any ideas what might be causing this if not the cable box lol !!!

Back