• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

asus v9280td ti4200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

This is the bottom of the line card from Asus, it is clocked at 250/500 stock, and allows overclocking to 279/594 with the overclocking program that comes with it.. i am sure it can do more, can someone recommend a program that will do it? will any mods have to be done to the card itself? I am not planning to change the stock cooling on the chip, but I might if there is a good program available for high speeds.. my case cooling is pretty good, 5 fans and the temp is 26C steady, never reaches 27C, sometimes hits 24-25C.. Thanx in advance.

Also, when overclocking vid cards, should I be concerned about engine or memory more? and should the memory always be double the engine, where can I learn about the relationship between engine and memory in ti4200 cards?

As for programs, there are many to choose from. I personally use Rivatuner, although many other people use the Coolbits hack. Rivatuner's site is http://guru3d.com/rivatuner.

No, the memory does not have to be double the core, not by any means. Bottlenecks sometimes come into play here; if your core is very low, increasing the memory won't give you many speed advantages. When o/c'ing, you should contentrate on both equally. First find the highest the mem can go to without artifacting, and then find the highest the core can go to without screwing up.

where can I learn about the relationship between engine and memory in ti4200 cards?
Can you elaborate on what you mean by that?

I just meant what their relationship is when overclocking, as in ratio (which is most of the time 2:1).. But you answered my question, thanx..

Back