• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thank God Now Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
well ive been haveing a terrible time at overclocking but i finally got my 1.33 into the 1.5s currently im running my cpu at 136.69x11 =1.503 noticed my temps are at 51-55 celcius underload now so im going to do better kooling was contemplating the refrigeration device from a cubical refrigerator think it would make a easy install into my case could actually install the kooling rod that protrudes into the frige so it contacts the heatsink. anyway noticed my 5v value is hitting 4.66 is this a problem what type of problems would this cause and what is this voltage used for.

I'd be concerned about the 5v line going that much below. Usually tells you don't have a strong enough PSU. My 12v & 5v were under the spec with a 230W, no problemo with this 431W Enermax.

I think the 5v is used for HD & CD-ROM motors. Could be wrong, but that's what I've read.

Back