• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Explain Voltages

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
Can someone please explain the cpu voltages like what is the 3.3 v for the 5v what are these voltages supplying?

what kind of things happen if the 5v value goes to low i hit 4.6s realize i need better psu just wondering if its the cause of my sys crashes and sometimes freezing?

after i load windows my cpu is at 50degrees celcius. wanted to isolate problems heat or psu. thinking of going with water kooling kit next week. at idle i get down to 32 degrees but gaming gets up to 50 or a little higher defragging my HD gets it to 44-46 degrees if i gets this thing to stay at 30 or below will my sys be able to become more stable or than will this psu still be a problem with the voltage in the 4.6s for the 5v reading? had my 1.33 running at 1.507 sys would freeze up though dont know what true temps were or voltage on my via monitor the setting that froze were temp 51 degrees 5v was at 4.61? that happened while gaming. thanks.....

pii100 (Apr 27, 2001 08:29 p.m.):
3.3 is the core voltage it is what the cpu actualy runs on the 5 volt is used for the mobo and drives

WTF!!!!!
try putting 3.3v to the core and c what happens???!!!
3.3v is your I/O voltage not your core voltage..LOL...
and 5volt is for the mobo and 12v is for the drives.etc.

GOD....

Back