• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.0v is too much for the Athlon TBird (Slot-A)???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Felipe R Lucas

My CPU is a AMD Athlon Tbird (Slot-A) 700MHz with Stock Air Cooler (2 fans) at 5700 RPM and 80mm Backside fan.
Iam runing at 770MHz (7x110) 1.7v Stable and low temp.
If i can go at 805MHz (7x115) i need incrase my Vcore to 2.0v for the system stay stable.

My Motherboard is a Soyo SY-K7VIA (VIA-KX133 Chipset)
My Temp at 805 MHz: 35ºC - 37ºC (Full Load) Via Hardware Monitor System V2.02
In my Hardware monitor 50ºC is Over-Heat

2.0v is too much for the Athlon?
My processor goes to Burn?

I would like to know the optimum temp. to Athlon T-Bird (Slot-A)

THANKS A LOT.

Not if you have good enough cooling, what kind of CPU fan do you have and what are your temps?

Aaron

I used to run my Slot A 700MHz T-Bird at 850MHz at 1.95V... Those T-Birds run darn hot anyways... If its stable it should be right but I'd think about investing in better cooling & maybe even a GFD... :)

Felipe R Lucas (Apr 29, 2001 10:17 a.m.):
My CPU is a AMD Athlon Tbird (Slot-A) 700MHz with Stock Air Cooler (2 fans) at 5700 RPM and 80mm Backside fan.
Iam runing at 770MHz (7x110) 1.7v Stable and low temp.
If i can go at 805MHz (7x115) i need incrase my Vcore to 2.0v for the system stay stable.

My Motherboard is a Soyo SY-K7VIA (VIA-KX133 Chipset)
My Temp at 805 MHz: 35ºC - 37ºC (Full Load) Via Hardware Monitor System V2.02
In my Hardware monitor 50ºC is Over-Heat

2.0v is too much for the Athlon?
My processor goes to Burn?

I would like to know the optimum temp. to Athlon T-Bird (Slot-A)

THANKS A LOT.

You're temp will go up, but if you're only at 37c under full load, I'd step up the voltage a smidge, and run the chip higher under full load to see what kind of temps you get. You won't cook your chip at 50c, 60c you're getting closer. I think AMD's specs say something like don't go above 90c or something. I'd also pick up a better slot-a chip cooler and a tube of Arctic Silver II. That can help your temps a LOT!! Have fun! :)

They made slot-a thunderbirds as well. I had the K7-VIA and it had a bios flash to run TB's in there. I have also seen them and know a couple of peoplewho own them. They do have a bunch of compatibility issues though.

Fiz

Back