• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

best brand of CDR media?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-N-

I know there might not be much of a difference in cdr's... (at least that's what i think)... i found out the TDK "certified plus" cdr's suck... music i burned and tried to play on the car cd player won't even work cause the cd player can't read it. But I pop in my black cdr music cd and it works. beginning to think there MAY be a difference in CDR media! :eek: :eek:

I usually buy the cheapest spindle pack from Best Buy. But now there are brands to consider..

which brands do you guys prefer and why? price? quality? color? just cause of the name?etc..

-N- said:
I know there might not be much of a difference in cdr's... (at least that's what i think)... i found out the TDK "certified plus" cdr's suck... music i burned and tried to play on the car cd player won't even work cause the cd player can't read it. But I pop in my black cdr music cd and it works. beginning to think there MAY be a difference in CDR media! :eek: :eek:

I usually buy the cheapest spindle pack from Best Buy. But now there are brands to consider..

which brands do you guys prefer and why? price? quality? color? just cause of the name?etc..

I perssonally think TDK makes one of the best blanks.

I've used Fuji and am currently on a 50 pack of Memorex, and neither have been bad disks. My Fuji seemed to have the outer edges of the disk start disintegrating after a while (been about a year I guess now), but I must admit that at our house, we're pretty rough on CDs.

JigPu

I once got a spindle of Plextor CD-Rs (free, fortunately) that wouldn't even burn properly. Rated for 40x, and burning at 4x still caused data corruption. After going through about a half-dozen of them, I threw the whole thing in a nearby pond and went back to Maxwell.

TDK for CD-Rs and Memorex for high speed CD-RWs. The WORST brand I have ever seen was "cdrmarket.com" high speed CD-RWs. My burner (TDK velocd 24/10/40B) couldn't write anything onto them at all. On my friends (pioneer something) burner they worked but my burner couldn't even read them. I also have a DVD burner but I have never tried burning anything with it except CD-R/RWs when the firmware got corrupted on my TDK burner. My TDK would spit out anydisk I put into it. Rebooting didn't help. But I downloaded the firmware update for it and flashed it and instantly the drive acted normal, ever since.

i only use fujifilm for cd-r and dvd-r. i used to be hardcore memorex but after all of my burned cds started to flake and chip i decided to change camps.

fuji hasn't let me down yet :)

I like Phillips they are nice but have tried many others; TDK, Memorex, Maxell, Imation, and Fujis. I had problems with my TDKs but it was due to the burner not liking them. :(

no one seems to think so... but i ALWAYS get Traxdata cd-r's

always perfect for me... never a coaster and nothing gets damaged at all..

been using them forever :D

You have to keep the burn speed down (under about 16x) if you want flawless recording. Then it won't really matter which kind of media you get.

Back