• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's YOUR favorite case.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay you did mention you wanted to go into water-cooling at some point

A Cheitec FULL-TOWER has pretty good air cooling, and no matter what you get you are gonna have to mod it for water, i personally put a 120 blow-hole at the top of mine, but that is a mid-tower.

I say Full tower becuase you are going to have all the space you will ever need, you could install a dual 120 heater core and still have more than enough 5 1/2 bays for a number of hdd's.

I am saying this becuase space has become extremely tight in my mid-tower dragon, any cheiftec case is good, there is a reason the Dragon line is popular, i know they have some new ones, just get what appeals to you, the inards are the same on almost all of them.

My case of choice would have to be Black & Silver Compucase LX-6A19 ATX Mid-tower Case with front USB and Audio CS-LX-6A19-black. I got mine at directron.com , but they can also be found at coolcases.com under the d8000. Its got good airflow with a front 120mm fan and a back 120mm fan, plus I love the black and silver.

Lian Li cases, hands down the best things in the world. Built like a tank with every feature you would ever want. Alot of engineering in those boxes. EVERYTHING is tooless. Well worth the $$ you spend and even better for modding.

I have a PC6089 for my newest project and have worked on 65's, and 75's.

My favorite? Lian Li PC-75. Or one of the coolermaster cases.

The best bang for your buck? either the sonata, or a chieftec/chenming case.

I have a cheiftec, and it's a nice case.

I have looked at probably thousands online, hundreds in person and owned a few dozens of different cases, and perhaps worked on a few dozen dozen.

My favorites are old server cases :D
Reasons:
Built SOLID which makes them great for modding- you can do anything without fear of making the case flimsy.

BIG which makes it easy to work inside and to add water cooling.

Cheap which makes it easier to pay for all the other fancy stuff :D

Seriously- I have two old server cases now and I am always looking for more; there are very few new cases I am interested in and they are all either transparent or mATX type cases.

damn, lots of good advice here. Keep it comming guys.

*drool* I finally looked at the pics of the Lian Li PC-75. Man, that is one sweet case. Too bad the price is about twice what I want to spend...

Back