• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Microsoft MVP" Project...A Pictoral Journal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
NcBaller1985, i'de be happy to host your pictures on my webspace. Just shoot me a pm and we'll figure out something, i will probably just set you up an ftp account and you can upload them at your leisure :).

Ok, here is an update. The chrome paint I used won't dry on the plastic for some reason so I have to find some new chrome paint. The blue paint is awsome and I am applying the last coat on the front panel tonight. I also have the lines drawn out to cut the windows. I will probably cut them all out tomorrow sometime.

That is about it, I have been busy the past couple of days, so not much work has been done on the case.

Aight...finally got around to doing some work on the case. Sorry for the delay. I have cut the window out and started priming the case for the cool blue paint job. Here is where I am at:

IM000675_510x384.JPG

The window cut-out.

IM000670_485x365.JPG

The first prime job on the side panel.

IM000673_505x553.JPG

Here is my boy Terry eating some Ramen noodles. The picture turned out cool when the flash reflected off his shoes. The case is used more as a seat then anything...as you can see...lol!

And thanks a MILLION to touser for hosting these pics for me. I owe you. Presh!

woohoo raman. does he make slurping noises when he eats it?
in japan if you are a man its REQUIRED . but then again his shoes will give you sensory overlaod and you wont be able to hear anything cause you have been knocked unconciose

j/k

more pics =)

Funny how these journals keep popping up... :D

The blue and silver is gonna look very nice.

PS - MS should give me awards for being so savvy and still paying for their OS. In fact, all of us should get something for being so rediculous at what we do.

Ok...I've been lazy for about 2 weeks. I am finally starting back on working on this case mod. My "deadline" has kinda crept up on me so be ready for the fastest case mod you have ever seen! Anyway...I have made NO progress since my last post...lol. I made a trip to my local Lowes and got some supplies this morning. Here is where I am at:

IM000739.JPG

I saw these thin aluminum strips at Lowes and light went off in my head so I got a six foot section of it to use as the trim around the window. I am not going to paint over it...I'll just sand it down with some high grit sand paper to give it a nice chromey look. Hopefully it will turn out good.

IM000741.JPG

Here's the six foot section of aluminum. It is pretty thin so it won't protrude from the side of the case or anything.

IM000742.JPG

Here is the window for the side of the case I just cut out. I also marked out the side 80mm intake fan hole. I'm still not sure what design I will etch in it though.

IM000744.JPG

When I just tried to paint the fronmt plastic panel with some Rustolem Chrome color paint it turned out HORRIABLE!!! So, I went and got some paint thinner and scrubbed all the paint off and started over. I found out that Rustolem makes this plstic paint primmer that you can use and then use any of there paints for the top coat. I will tell you how it works out.

IM000745.JPG

Here is the first coat of primer on the front panel. I'll throw on another coat in a little bit and then let it dry. It says on the can that it takes 5-6 days to completely dry :eek: !!!!

I will have to finish the rest of the case and give it to him cause he is getting all of his computer stuff in the next couple of days. He will have to just live without a front panel for about 2 weeks. All well, he'll get over it!!!

Well, I was taking a brake from working on the case and I was browsing the forums and came across the case painting sticky. Well, I decided to throw trying to rush through this project out the window. I am going to take my time and go for the nice glossy finish on this case. Unfortunetly, that means starting ALL over painting. But I want this thing to look good so I am going to do it...even though it is going to require a lot more work then I would like. So wish me luck while I try to paint this mother. I'll post picks as I go along.

Alright...here is the Top panle pre-sanding. It, unlike the side panel, hasn't ever been painted before. I cleaned everything with paint thinner before I started anything.

IM000746.JPG

I grabbed some soapy water and some 400grit wet/dry sandpaper and went to town on both the top panel and the side panel.

IM000748.JPG

Here is the sanded down top panel.

IM000750.JPG

Here is the sanded down side panel. You can see the blue paint from where I have already painted the panel once.

IM000753.JPG

I am cleaning the panels as you are reading this. I am cleaning them with some paper towels and Denatured Alcohol...just as the guide says. I hope I get a nice finish with this damn thing cause it is a lot of work!!!!

IM000751.JPG

How you guys getting on with the Chrome paint ?

Anyway what is the reason for silentscope stating
oh yea baller...nice pic... No Way AMD!
Im just a little curious as AMD offer fantastic value for money and performance, becides its not like they are unstable... Not that you would ever notice if your running Windows :p

Anyway welcome to the forums... :D

Oh, my old avator had a joke on it about AMD. Me and silent scope are just Intel fanboys poking fun. No harm or TOTAL disrespect meant to AMD. :D

NcBaller1985 said:
Oh, my old avator had a joke on it about AMD. Me and silent scope are just Intel fanboys poking fun. No harm or TOTAL disrespect meant to AMD. :D

Thats fine I was just curious if there was a reason behind not wanting AMD :D... Some people just have personal prefences

I still would like to know the outcome with the primer and chrome when you attempt it again :D

Just keep up with this thread...I will be posting pics of that too! :D
The primer is currently drying and takes like 5 days to dry. :/

Looking good...

Just hope that it gets done soon because i just got my new graphics card and the rest of the hardware is collecting dust...hehe

-Silentscope

Patience is a virtue...I have spent almost the same amount of money as you on this damn thing! You had to choose this this damn Anodized paint!!!

Back