• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Microsoft MVP" Project...A Pictoral Journal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Baller, how to do etching into Lexan/Arcylic? I'd be very intrested in this for my own side panel, if it's not too hard to do :).

oh, and when I do my etching...which will be pretty soon...I will show you how I do it. This journal has turned to crap as I haven't kept up with it. I've been real busy and have had a thousand things going on. I will post some pics here in a while.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, here is where I am at now:

IM000777_522x394.JPG

Oh yes...look at those painting skills. We had to change colors cause the blue anodized stuff wouldn't dry right. This blue is still nice. It sort of changes colors when given different light. It pretty cool.

IM000778_523x395.JPG

Here is the side panel. It is about 1/4 way done being rubbed down with rubbing compund. It will have a VERY nice finish when I am done.

IM000780_521x393.JPG

Here are the insides painted chrome. I didn't do a real good job on painting this as I am kind crunched for time.

IM000779_506x386.JPG

Here is the front panel and top panel all primed and ready for painting. I am going to take some screen and paint chrome for the blowhole. We couldn't cut a circle out because the pre-cut square vents were to wide and we couldn't make the fan size bigger because it would be ontop of the power supply. So, I did some thinking and came u with the screen idea.

Final_471x356.JPG

Here is me and silentscope (this is his case I am modding) at his 18th birthday party. I am in the back row, second on the right and silentscope is in the backrow, to the left of me. We had some fun that night. And yes, that is a Coke can in my hand. I just blurred it out for ummmm......copyright reasons......yeah......LMAO.

Last edited:
Well, its just a shame I didn't have a better case to work with. It is a cheapy case, but I already got another project lined up after this one. My friend Terry's just order a chieftec dragon. Should be fun

More pix! I want updates! :D

Just kidding, take your time, or what you have left of it ;). I know that the best mods are the ones that have had a lot of time put into them....and money :p

Ok, here is just some eye candy of the case. Still have a couple of things to paint like the front panel and stuff. Hopefully that will be done by tomorrow. The side panel won't be done untill like next week....I have to get find a miter saw to cut the 45 degree angles on the aluminum trim. We will be putting everything in the case tomorrow though. Looks like it is going to be a long night of modding.....

The pictures do not do the paint job justice. I still have to throw some wax on the panel to make them nice a shiny. :D

IM000801_640x483.JPG

IM000803_638x483.JPG

IM000802_639x483.JPG

Thoughts or suggestions are welcome!!! :D

And yes...that is my empty kitchen with no furniture cause I moved in not to long ago. All well....lots of room to MOD!!!!!!!!!

NcBaller1985 said:
[hijack]

OMG, "Rags in a box". That's not a product name, that's a product description. What's next, Hershey's "Sugar and Cocoa in a foil wrapper"? I don't want to see whatever they label hotdogs as! :D

[/hijack]

Just run down to your local hardware store and they should have miter saws and the miter box's together for cheap. Very nice job! Just trying to help.

eobard said:

IM000751.JPG

[hijack]

OMG, "Rags in a box". That's not a product name, that's a product description. What's next, Hershey's "Sugar and Cocoa in a foil wrapper"? I don't want to see whatever they label hotdogs as! :D

[/hijack]

"denatured alcohol" isn't really a product name either, it's a description also.

nice modding though, it's making me want to do it on an old case i have set up here. My problem though is my apartment. How do i cut and paint a case when you have no place to do it? if i try it inside, paint dust will coat everywhere, not to mention the great feeling of "pride" i would get afterwards..

Sorry for the delay. I think this "journal" has completely fallen apart as I haven't kept it up to date AT ALL. :( I've been real busy. Anyways here is an update:

The intake for the front 120mm fan is in the bottom of the front panel, which is horriable airflow, but I have to work with what I got. Sooo, I got a little invetive and decided to at least make the bottom intake area bigger.

The Origanl Intake area:
IM000816_587x440.JPG

Taped up to cut:
IM000817_588x443.JPG

The new intake area all cut out:
IM000819_583x438.JPG

I didn't really take my time with the cut as you will NEVER see the opening, although I did at least sand the edges and make them look a little better. :D

Back