• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"Microsoft MVP" Project...A Pictoral Journal

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
You guys will probably laugh at me for this one, but hey, it worked and it was cheap!!!! The case budget wouldn't allow me to buy a pop riveter so I just got some screws and some bolts and put it together like that. I used my dremel to cut off the ends of the screws. Ghetto....but it worked. It did take me a little over 2 hours to tighten the 32 screws I had to use though.

IM000790_725x548.JPG

Here is the paint job on the front panel and the floppy drive face plate. Turned out great!:
IM000815_724x545.JPG

Here is Donnie a little excitied about his 9800 non-pro he just got.
IM000814_586x442.JPG

SpaceRangerJoe said:
how are the windows going? any pics of those yet?

Well, I haven't got around to doing my etching but I have cut out the 80mm fan hole. Don't pay any attention of the drawing on side of it as he wanted to do a wave but we decided not to because it wouldn't look good with the fan located where it is. We find a cool tattoo design though. :D

IM000804_590x445.JPG

bsspewer said:

My problem though is my apartment. How do i cut and paint a case when you have no place to do it? if i try it inside, paint dust will coat everywhere, not to mention the great feeling of "pride" i would get afterwards..

I have done all my painting inside my apartment. I have no furniture in my kitchen yet, so I bought some plastic drop sheets and covered everything. I opened the windows in my apartment to help with the smell, even though I did get quite a nice buzz a couple of times...LOL.

Where you cut that bottom intake hole....dosent the USB/Sound/Firewire front connection board go just above that and screw into those two poles seen? I have the same thing on my case and I don't like the fact that it's right there, was wondering what you're going to do about that, if anything at all.

eobard said:

[hijack]

OMG, "Rags in a box". That's not a product name, that's a product description. What's next, Hershey's "Sugar and Cocoa in a foil wrapper"? I don't want to see whatever they label hotdogs as! :D

[/hijack]

[hijack]
hotdogs are ground up beef that are squeezed into a mold and cooked
[/hijack]

looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!! :)

GOD Macktruck said:
it seems to be that last year when i was doing my senior project yoiu actually had to be with your mentor for the fifteen hours of work(or more), and that you were supposed to do the work yourself. but i guess when you're modding a computer everyone wants to jump in on the fun.

: ) :

HAHAHAHA...Kind of funny. He IS supposed to have 15hours with me working on this. LOL We count stuff like us going out to get food...partying...etc. as his "time" with me. I just sign his papers pretty much. LMAO I did teach him how to put a computer together and different aspects of how a computer works though, so he did learn SOMETHING. We just took a bunch of pictures whennever he was over at my apartment so it LOOKS like he did all the work.

Celeron_Phreak said:
Where you cut that bottom intake hole....dosent the USB/Sound/Firewire front connection board go just above that and screw into those two poles seen? I have the same thing on my case and I don't like the fact that it's right there, was wondering what you're going to do about that, if anything at all.

We just aren't going to put the USB ports back in. We decided airflow was important then easy access to usb ports. I have more pics that I will post here in a while...but I just rented some movies so I have to watch them first..."The Italian Job" and "Basic." Will post pics when I am done watching them.

Here we go...the paint looks like crap in these pics cause the case...well...it's kinda collected some dust since I haven't been working on it...lol.

IM000944_582x440.JPG

IM000946_578x435.JPG

IM000947_560x421.JPG

IM000948_1049x792.JPG

I would take some more pictures but Donnie was real eager to go home and play with it so the case is at his house...it isn't done yet, the only thing left to do is the side window panel, cover up the open area in front of the USB ports...and figure out how the hell to rig something up for the front panel where the on/off and reset buttons are. You see, I left it soaking in paint thinner over night :bang head: and it warped the hell out of it. So now I am going to have rig something up...I do have a neat idea...but you'll have to wait and see. :D

thorilan said:
looking good so far

Yea, I feel like a little kid struggling to succeed compared to you and "The Beast." But hey, look what I have to work with. I'll give you a run for money one day....maybe.....probably not...lol

HELP ME PLEASE!!!

Ok like baller said...I have the computer at my house now, but I have HUGE problem...

When the computer first arrived here, all was well, I booted it up, installed some windows XP...installed all the drivers and what not...

Well just the other day I went to turn it on and it has a black screen, and it has been this way since then. This is strange because I don't think anything is burned out (because there are no horrible beeping noises)...

Also, it starts up fine...goes through all the components, then goes to the windows XP screen and runs the loading bar...

Then a black screen comes up like it is going to go into the welcome screen, but instead it stays black and then the arrow turns into a hourglass...then it dissappears...

It stays this way and nothing changes...like it is frozen...

I have tried restarting the cmos...and unplugging most of the stuff...but nothing has changed...

WHAT SHOULD I DO!!!

-Silentscope

Alright I talked to my MVP buddy, and got things worked out...

Yes, I finally was able to boot into safe mode (then i just downloaded XP pro), and everything is working now...

Thanx

-Silentscope

Back