• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

plastic cases..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trypt

Most shops around here that deal with more then just regular supply all have these see-through plastic cases on display with all kinds of stuff in there that glows, lol.. Are these cases for sale/manufactured by someone? or are they all custom built in the shop that has them on display? are they practical or just for show? They certainly look cool.

I don't really care about all the glowing lights, but I like the idea of all-see-through..

http://www.xoxide.com/clearacatxca.html

above case looks ideal for me, thanx!! but now I got another question regarding air flow.. if you look at the pic, you'll see one intake fan in the front, 1 rear exhaust, 1 top exhaust, then there is 2 on the back side panel.. I can't imagine these being intakes, so if they are exhausts that would make 1 intake and 4 exhausts, this would create low pressure, no?

So my question is, will I have to do drilling to put another front intake? can I just drill a couple holes and put a really powerful 120mm fan in the front at about 80cfm, then keep my generic 80mm for the 4 exhausts each at 20cfm? this would work I think..

the side panel fans are intake i think. 1 seems to be over AGP slot so it cools your vid card and other looks to be directly over proccessor so you can duct to ur CPU fan and get fresh air over ur CPU instead of inside case air.

hmm, that doesn't make any sense to me.. the cpu fan pushes air out of the heatsink, so thats a conflict.. plus if those two are intakes, how can there be good air circulation? then i'll have 1 intake in the front, two from back sidepanel, and 1 exhaust in the back/1 exhaust in the top.. i don't like that, i like 1 extra exhaust then intake, and my power supply fan is not that great.

Actually the fan on your CPU heatsink it supposed to blow AT the heatsink. Meaning it blows air onto the heatsink. With this case you would ahve 1 front intake, 2 side intake, 1 top exaust and 2 back exaust. IT evens out.

I didn't see 2 back exhausts, only 1.. but I guess I could custom mod another..

btw, I've owned many computers through my 13 years building them (hobby) and I also bought prebuilt.. I've NEVER seen a cpu fan mounted on the heatsink that blows air at the heatsink, NEVER.. and I will probably never see it in the future, I am not sure where you guys are getting this.. I could be wrong, but I am telling you i've never seen it.. I have it now blowing away from the cpu and my temps are excellent (see sig) and this is with a palomino that was running at 60C idle with stock AMD sink/fan.

well, it seems like both ways are ok, and it depends on the heatsink.. my sk-7 came with no manual so I have no clue what it is designed to do, but right now its perfect.. i suppose it also matters what kind of fans you have around the heatsink.. i have a fan on the side of the case right on top of the cpu fan and thats an exhaust.. so it works out that my cpufan is taking air away from the cpu and the casefan takes that air straight out..

i'll keep it as is.

ARGH!! Now that I finally found a case and like the price, Xoxide wants more money for shipping then the case is worth (80 for the case, 85 for shipping).. this is crazy.. HELP ME!! I need to find a canadian retailer for these cases!!

Back