• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1GHz AXIA 266FSB CPU Running 53c MAX, WHY?????? HELP!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

I just bought a 1ghz CPU and abit kt7a-raid on da weekend and set it up just yesterday. OK, the only problem is heat. 53c with Quake3 after 10min. I dont know what the problem is because I have another computer with the exact! same setup and its running 44c max with Quake3. I'm using superorb on both comps. I mean exact setup, part for part but the case design is a tiny bit different. Both cases are full towers with 3 fans installed. Basically, there is no physical diff in the cases.

Actually, the only real difference I know of is that her CPU is 200FSB B stepping and my version is 266FSB C stepping. Both chips are at 1Ghz too.

HELP!!, maybe the CPU is diffective or m/b is reading an inaccurate temp?????

AtomicGuY (Apr 30, 2001 11:20 a.m.):
I just bought a 1ghz CPU and abit kt7a-raid on da weekend and set it up just yesterday. OK, the only problem is heat. 53c with Quake3 after 10min. I dont know what the problem is because I have another computer with the exact! same setup and its running 44c max with Quake3. I'm using superorb on both comps. I mean exact setup, part for part but the case design is a tiny bit different. Both cases are full towers with 3 fans installed. Basically, there is no physical diff in the cases.

Actually, the only real difference I know of is that her CPU is 200FSB B stepping and my version is 266FSB C stepping. Both chips are at 1Ghz too.

HELP!!, maybe the CPU is diffective or m/b is reading an inaccurate temp?????

Well first of all maybe the first ORB is making better contact than your setup-the orb clips are not the greatest in the world! I know i have one-also did you use the same Thermal Grease?? I think that the C 266 chip runs hotter than the B 200 chip, because it is made to run higher that the B, also if the codes are different then it could run more/less efficient

Buy UT! j/k! yeah get a flashlight take your mobo out and make sure the orb is making good contact. be careful orbs are death to AMD chips!!!

get some arctic silver and get rid of the orb (alpha/global win) should be the replacement if you are on a modest budget- your temps will drop by at least 10C

Hm i have something like the same happened with my 1.33TB!!
Running with 48 to 52 °C in W98!!

Maybe the CPU with 133Mhz Clock runs hotter as the last ones... :-(

Thanx all for the advice,

however, after a week of stress, I decided to pimp out my Case and air chill my PC!

Result before, (1000MHz) 133x7.5
min idle = 37c
max prime = 53c @ 20c room temp

Result after case mod!!!, (1333MHz) 133x10 O/Ced!!!!
min idle = 25c
max prime = 46c @ 20c room temp

If you all would like to see my real sweet case, I'll be more than glad to post a pic and show you around. Its got many fans installed:)

Back