• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

WOW 1.33GHz now under $180 in many places

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Yomama

Last Sunday I was proud to have found an AXIA 1 GHz chip for under $150. Well time has outrun me once again :( . According to pricewatch one can now buy the top of the line 1.33 chip for less than $180 in many places, and you do not have to unlock them either - awesome.

Yo

i wouldn't be too disappointed, yo. you have a kickass overclock outta your 1ghz axia!! i don't think you'd get a 500mhz+ overclock out of a 1.33ghz tbird...

Does anyone know the release date for the 1.4 GHz chip? There's usually always a round of price cuts right before a new chip is introduced.

SickBoy

I wan't to buy a 1.33, but nobody seems to charge less than 30 to ship em to alaska. Why can't they just ship it USPS?

That's how they make back the money they discounted off of the chip. I realize Alaska is more expensive to ship to, but $30.00 is robbery!

Hoot

TT120 (Apr 30, 2001 06:00 p.m.):
And to think, 1 week ago, I spent $230 on one. go figure!
About a month ago, I got a free 3 month trial of Buyers Advantage. Anything I buy that I find a lower price for for 3 months, they send the difference. This means that so far, I can get loot back on my dead Tbirds and Durons and the 1.33 i paid over $230 for. Hope they just keep dropping.

Prices on the 1.33s are bouncing around as the bottom price guys jocky for position. After an initial drop Sunday night/Monday morning, they have all gone back up a little. Just like the gasoline games around here lately.

Hoot

mrpcman (Apr 30, 2001 09:12 p.m.):
I wan't to buy a 1.33, but nobody seems to charge less than 30 to ship em to alaska. Why can't they just ship it USPS?

count yourself lucky! i wanted to order some ram, and they wanted to charge me $55 to ship it to me!!!!!! rsa, btw.

proze (Apr 30, 2001 05:04 p.m.):
i wouldn't be too disappointed, yo. you have a kickass overclock outta your 1ghz axia!! i don't think you'd get a 500mhz+ overclock out of a 1.33ghz tbird...

Oh I am not disappointed, and as someone else pointed out here, there are some tools available to protect yourself to some degree. I have a price matching Credit Card, so whatever happens within three months I smile about :) , since AMEX will eat it...

Yo

I paid $230 for mine and have not been able to use it properly. My third replacement KT7A-R finally arrived today. For the last month it's been stuck runing at 12.5 *117 on a KT7-R. I'm not unhappy. It's still been the fastest machine I have had that lived.

I too, like many of you expect 1.33Ghz prices to move about somewhat before stabilizing.

I have my 'AXIA' with a 'Y', and paid 169.00 for it two weeks ago.

Two things are certain:

1) If you wait for the next price drop, you'll never buy anything.

2) In six months, that deal of a lifetime on a CPU will seem like you were 'taken'.

Buy now, and enjoy.

T

Back