• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Bought new mobo 1.2G Iwill DDR need help OC 1.2G AXIA 266fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

well my a7v133 is gone Iam with a new mobo Iwill Kar266 with my AMD 1.2 TB AXIA 266fsb and sum 256mb samsung pc2100 memorey = ) how would i OC with my Iwill and where cand I get the latest and best bios for my motherboard ty......ReTiCuLe

for your chip, get the latest bios from iwill (april 16th)- set the multiplier to 12 on the jumpers (I believe you just remove j31, check your book)- set the voltage to 1.825 in the iwill smartsettings, set the fsb to 120 to start (you should have the jumper set to "short" on the board, and bump the vmen up to 1.6
this should give you the 1450-1550 range prety easily if you can keep the chip cold!

Well how do I Flash the Iwill Bios I went to there site they dont explain it rite I got bios rite now that came with it. Its 1.3 bios Iwill KA266-R

download the bios to a floppy, put the florrp in your drive- restart cpu and hit alt f2, this will run the award flash file. follow instructions, you will have to remember the name of the file, i think it is kar0exe.bin or something like that, just go with whatever the actual name is. the will be a point where it asks for the file name to be programmed and for you to name the old file. put in the kar0.bin (include the .bin) for the program name and name the backup bios (oldbios.bin)
also, set the board to flashable under the iwill smart settings and do this in pure dos mode with no drivers

good luck! It is not as scary as you think, the only thing that will screw things up is if there is a power outage during the write process and it isnt all that likely

Back