• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone see the 2.4 ghz laptop on bestbuy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jstutman

it was for sale for 300$ shipped. need less to say, it was apricing error. but they sold 25,000 of them. and now they have to email them all and tell them the bad news :)

sucks to be them

they can't afford to take a 12 million dollar loss because of a typo. even if the 25000 people never shopped at best buy again it would be cheaper then giving them all 500 or more each.

Just a guess but a 2.4 laptop sells for around $800. So it would be more like selling it at cost. I would imagine BB cost is about 40% of what they sell it for. I know that is the mark-up on the stuff the company I work for sells them.

no they wont honer it. i had the same problem back in the day on a radeon 8500. they had it for sale at 120$ it was brand new and the actual cost was alot higher. they did offer me a free 10% discount tho. i used the heck outta that link. the finally told me ENOUGH :)

They wont honor it. A while back when the Nividia 4600 fx came out they had it on there website for like 99 bucks when they were 350 or something retail.

well i bought about 5 and many others did the same thing.

They corrected their mistake and emailed everyone and cancelled the orders.

BTW: the markup on the laptops is not as much as you think.

They make about 12% pure revenue on computer systems.

The real money is with accessories, software, and service plans.

Do you ever wonder why they insist on telling you they dont work on commision but try to get you to buy everything along with the computer.

They make 100% revenue from service plans and 70% on up on accessories.... ink, printer cables, etc....

trey_w said:
They wont honor it. A while back when the Nividia 4600 fx came out they had it on there website for like 99 bucks when they were 350 or something retail.

4600 fx?!?! :eek: :eek: LOL, just kidding. Yeah I do remember when the ti4600 came out. BB had a MAJOR mess up on that :D

trey_w said:

BTW: the markup on the laptops is not as much as you think.

They make about 12% pure revenue on computer systems.

The real money is with accessories, software, and service plans.

Do you ever wonder why they insist on telling you they dont work on commision but try to get you to buy everything along with the computer.

They make 100% revenue from service plans and 70% on up on accessories.... ink, printer cables, etc....

I agree. I did use to work for Best Buy and actually had access to the ACTUAL cost of the items we sold. $36.99 usb cables only cost $5 bucks if that, while a $399 e-machines computer costed Best Buy $359. Sell a USB cable with a printer cartridge and the store would have made as much profit as a whole e-machines computer.

BY THE WAY from what I was told by the store manager, extended warranty/service plans are 100% profit IF the customer never uses it...meaning that if the customer uses the extended warranty once, then the warranty company keeps the $$. But if the customer never used the warranty in the 2, 3, 4 or 5 years the plan was active, then Best Buy keeps that $$. Sounds bogus to me but hey whatever. I'm out of that world now.

trey_w said:

Hey.. when you do that.. order it in the morning pay a few $$$$ extra, and get it same day shipped/ same/overnighted! that way it ships before they fix it :D

or you can go into the store and buy one, then say its $300 you saw it online. They would prolly honor it if you talk to manager and crap the hell outta them :D

Claw13Angel said:
or you can go into the store and buy one, then say its $300 you saw it online. They would prolly honor it if you talk to manager and crap the hell outta them :D

print out the website? :D that might actually work

pummer said:

print out the website? :D that might actually work
No, I bet they will just smack you over the head with their book full of fine print and tell you to go F yourself if you put up a fuss with a manager there.

Back