• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which AMD?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Miknow

All my life I bought intel cpus but my next computer i thought I would try a AMD system. But problem is what cpu should I get for best overclock. see the pentium 700 are the best for intel but what about AMD is 800 ok? Money is not a issue here

if $$$ is not the issue go all out and get the tbird 1.33 266FSB-it ROCKS and will hit over 1.5 gig air cooled and I PROMISE it'll be way faster than a P4 1.5gig-and its only $179 on pricewatch-but DONT skimp on the cooling, also for a challenge a Duron 600 can usually hit over a gig and its only $45 at pricewatch

i think the 1 and 1.2 gig AXIA will overclock to the same speeds. The 1.3 and 1.33 AXIA are getting to 1.5 air cooled, and some to 1.6. The Duron's will give you the best price/performance ratio by far. The 700, 750, and 800 are all really cheap and overclock well.

Back