• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Idle VS Full Load

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

psx2doctor

Registered
To measure your CPU temp idle, do you just leave the pc with nothing happening for 2 hours and then check the temp.

To measure your CPU temp full load, do you just leave the quake 3 demo for 2 hours and then check the temp.

Is the above correct.

PS- what is better thermal tape or grease

Yeah it's something like that. But when I put my computer under full load, I use Folding@home, I haven't found another program that can make my CPU hotter than that.

The grease is better than the tape, but if u want the best , u should get some Artic Silver 2.

Idle is just basically your system when nothings happening... Thus after about 5 minutes of power most computer tend to reach a certain temp (depending on the ambient)

Full load temp will be reached after running a CPU intensive task such as RC5, SETI, etc for about 5-10 minutes...

put your cpu to standby for about 10min and check temps immeadiately upon startup

What is this *idle* temp you speak of? Isn't there some commandment against that or something? "Thou shalt not have idols made" or something like that?

Back