• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

the deal with AXIAs ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

G2K

Registered
just a few simple questions :

-AZIA is better than AXIA??
-is there such a thing as 1.2 AXIAs, 1.33 AXIAs ??
-if so, does that mean 1.33 AXIAs will reach higher o/c speeds than 1.0 AXIA??

No but you will have an easier time since it will post at 10x133. But the B(200mhz) are the same as a C(266mhz). Also the 1gig axia's are cheaper so you get a good deal. for more info check out the cpu database on the front page. l8r

-not sure. it would make logical sense, but there hasn't been much experience with azia chips so far.
-yes.
-you might get a few more mhz out of a 1.33ghz, but the difference is by no means big. the 1ghz chips are substabtially cheaper, so grab a 1ghz axia if you can!

good luck!

Mine is an AVIA and it overclocks great. I have hit almost 1600 with Air cooling.

G2K (May 03, 2001 08:05 a.m.):
just a few simple questions :

-AZIA is better than AXIA??
Should be, but how much so will be only told in time,
-is there such a thing as 1.2 AXIAs, 1.33 AXIAs ??
Certainly, infact, almost all the chips of that speed are
AXIA's
-if so, does that mean 1.33 AXIAs will reach higher o/c speeds than 1.0 AXIA??
They do, they will get to 1.5-1.6 air cooled.

Yes I have a 1.333 AXIA multiplier came unlocked can over clock to 1575 but dealing with a temperature issue rt now ---currently using a chrome orb going to upgrade to water cooling next week will see how far i can push it than.

If you could possibly find an "AZIA' it may very well be a better overclocker.........reports are rare.

My 1Gig 'AXIA' first character third line a 'Y' has achieved 1.53(10*153) with not quite perfect stability...crashed running Prime 95.. but nothing else..

I'm burning -in mt processor at 2.2Vcore..temps a consistent 44C..my ambient is 10C..:)

Best of success,

T

thanks for the info...

so am i right in saying that even though i will get more speed for my money with a 1.0 AXIA, it would be better to get a 1.33 AXIA because it will reach higher clock speeds??

and another scenario:
if i were to get a 1.0 and o/c it to 1.4 and then measure its temp. and then get a 1.33 and o/c it to 1.5 and also measure temps, which would be more stable and which would run at a lower temp?? also, would the same amount of cooling be required or does the 1.33 run cooler?

The 1.33 should reach a higher speed at less core voltage than a 1.0. Less core voltage means less heat. Less heat means more stable, for the same cooling.

Hoot

Back