• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows Protection Errors.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kurant

What causes these, My t-bird 1.33ghz run perfect at 1466, but even one little bump of FSB, without a multiplier change causes Windows Preotection Error message, any idea?

On mine, it seems to be a ram problem. I'm getting some pc 150 stuff today and will run some tests against my pc 133 stuff over the next few days to see if I'm correct. If it turns out to be the ram on mine that doesn't necessarly mean it's the same problem on yours but it's something to look at.

What fsb are you running at? Try lowering the multiplier and raising the fsb this will tell you if something in your system does not like the fsb setting.

If after this your system works at a higher fsb the cpu is probably at its limit. Did you try upping the vcore? This helps the cpu run at higher speeds. Also what cooling do you have and what are your temps?

Back