• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-Bird 1.2 Running a little hot...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kryogenitor

Temperatures with case open: CPU : 39C idle, dunno load as theres no HD's in it yet. 27C system.
Temperatures with case closed: CPU: 40C idle, same as above. 27C system.

What the hell is going on? I have 2 exhaust fans right near the cpu fan as well as the psu fan sucking air right above the cpu fan. Could these 3 extra fans be hindering the CPU fan from getting enough air? Apparently theres enough air flow as the case temps with the cover on or off are the exact same. Ive reapplied the ASII and heatsink 2x now. The HS is the fop-32 with the stock fan, any suggestions guys? A temp of 104 at idle with nothing going on but sitting in the bios is disturbing to say the least.

Cheers

not that disturbing... those high-end processors throw out a helluva lot of heat, and the fop32's stock fan is quite weak.. but you really want to see what your load temps are. on a hot day, of which we have waay too many :(, my idle temps are also up around there (duron600@1100, 1.94v), but then my full load temp is only 3c-4c higher.. so in the end i don't mind, cos my comp runs seti 24/7 anyway.

load an os and see what happens to your temps under full load. you could definitely improve cooling performance by adding a delta 38cfm fan to that fop, but those fans are quite loud. i don't mind mine, but some people hate them! besides, the fans in your case would probably drown them out! ;-)

post again when you have some full-load temps, or if any developments occur!

Ahh, thanks proze. I feel a little better now, i just dont like those triple digit temperature readings in °F. Another interesting quirk i noticed was that the Vcore was reading 1.79 when set on auto, i reconfigured it to 1.75 in the Iwill Smart settings and it still read 1.79, i actually had to jack the voltage down to 1.70 to get it to read 1.75. The boards the iwill kk-266R, just thought that was odd that i would actually have to lower the voltage. Alas that didn't lower the temps either, so i jacked it back up again ;-)

Cheers :)

Kyro, Sounds like you are causeing a problem by not having enough air coming in. Your post states that you have "2 exhaust fans right near the cpu fan and the PSU fan sucking air out." Those exhaust and "psu"fans are not getting any fresh air.
First PSU fans do not help w/ CPU cooling much, their job is to keep PSU cool. Second you are relying on the exhaust fans to suck fresh air from, where ? The vents and small openings in your case. Get real, even Carmen Electra could'nt suck that hard.
You need to put a fan in the lower front pulling cool air in and close the case. Trust me, this will help.

Ahh sorry, i should have been more descriptive about the setup, heres a rough diagram...
[img="[URL]http://www.krettek.org/overclocking/diagram.GIF[/URL]"]
As you can see there are 2x 80mm panaflo fans on the front and in the rear, both of equal power. Im considering placing another fan on the side of the box to compensate for the PSUs fan.
[Edited] Also, per Shadows mod, i might flip the PSU to suck fresh air from the outside rather than the warm air in the case, although its not to warm considering its 2° below ambient.[/Edited]

Back