• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi Temp when are you instable?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Diablo

Registered
Im running a Amd 1.33 Thunderbird currently running at 133x11 for 1464. Abit KT7A-Raid mobo with a Thermaltake Chrome orb H.S. Mid tower ATX case with one inlet and two exhaust fans. My question is at this processing speed i idle at 30-32 degrees celcius, under gameing enviroments i see 49-51 degrees celcius even though i can get into windows and run applications that dont stress the cpu as much like gaming is the temp causing the computer freezing? Ive noticed sometimes i have my Via monitor up when running at speeds of 1.507 gigahertz and noticed the freeze occured with 47 degrees posted for cpu temp however dont know how accurate that is. My pc 133 ram will let me post at 140-144 fsbs but dont know if these temps or the ram is the problem my ram was bought from local Office Depot rated at Cas 2 . If heat is the problem could someone recommend a good water cooling kit even though this is not the cooler forum its still related -----thanks....

There are a lot of better air cooled heatsinks beyond the Chrome Orb and before you reach the cost of water cooling. Why not just get a better air cooled heatsink. There are a plethora to choose from. Read some of the reviews.

Hoot

try alpha pal 6035....i like that a lot.....even though i dun have it.......but i did install it on a system that i put together for my friend.......kickass cooling...

Back