• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

overclocking 1ghz TB w/ KT7A

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Duck Hook

Registered
I went out today at lunch and picked up a KT7A and a TB1000 w/ AXIAY stepping. I wasn't really in the upgrade mood but since the shop had the AXIAY stepped TB, I thought what the heck.

When I plop this TB in tonight, I SHOULD NOT have to do a pencil unlock correct? The TB is at a default multiplier of 10x and w/ the KT7A at 133FSB, assuming everything goes well, it should start right up at 1330 right?

I don't intend to multiplier overclock, if anything, I'll try raising the FSB to see how high it can go. My goal is 1400 and from what I've read, the AXIAY stepped TBs should get there w/ out much of a problem. I've got Crucial 7E memory so the 140FSB should be very doable.

Any thoughts on the "burn-in" theory?? Is it just a myth or will this help my new TB in any way?

I'm currently on a KT7/TB1000 @1100 setup, why the heck did I upgrade right? Well you know how it goes, sometimes you just gotta do what ya gotta do. Besides, now my mom will have a killer rig to type here recipes on LOL. She's currently on my old BH6/450A setup.

Well the 1 ghz AXIA will have a 10x multiplier if its a 200 FSB chip, if its a 266 FSB chip then it has a 7.5 mhz. If it has a 10 multiplier you should be able to do 10x133 without unlocking it though yes.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron, it's supposed to be a 200FSB 1ghz TB but is there anyway I can tell for sure by looking at the numbers on the chip? I guess I'll find out when I plop it in tonight.

I did some looking around the web and found the answer. The last letter on line one indicates the FSB speed. B=200mhz and C=266mhz.

Mine is a B so I do have 10x100 TB. Hoping to hit that 1400 mark tonight.

remember to do some burnins....
and remember if raise the fsb higher then 137fsb .
most likely u will louse the 4X AGP.
or if u use something like Nvmax and set the AGP to 4X.
then it will be very unstable.
i`m using 11.5X137fsb at the moment due to either lose of 4X AGP or unstable.
but with this setup i keep the 4X AGP...

GOD...

Back