• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Any suggestions on what kind of RAM to get

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

typer

Registered
I was just wondering who makes the best kind of regular SDRAM out there for overclocking? I'm thinking about getting crucial PC-133 CAS2? Was wondering if PC-150 CAS3 is better? How about memory from Mushkin?? Or should I just save my money and buy a newmotherboard that supports both regular SDRAM and DDR?? Thanks

Joel

got some infineon and some mosel vitalic, and both are really good! i know a lot of people swear by crucial, and i'm buying some crucial pc133 cas2 on monday, so i'll let you know after that! :)

I have Crucial Pc133 cas2(7ns) and the Mosel Vitalic. One runs as good as the other, just buy high quality memory.

PapaSutra (May 04, 2001 02:24 p.m.):
Crucial alllllll the way baby....they kick ***.

i concur, although Mushkin and Infeneon are excellent too. But Crucial RAM kicks!

Da Whip (May 06, 2001 09:32 p.m.):
-snip-
Hoot, You, as a Senior Member should letting the newer members know where to post.

If I advised every wrongly placed post that I came upon, I would spend all my available time simply doing that, instead of trying to help people. Besides, this should have been addressed in the Senior Member Forum, not here.

Hoot

typer, da whip does have a point. a lot of people don't mind a post in the wrong area here and there, but some pepole do. try and keep the posts in the relevant section. i know that this board is more popular than memory, but at least try there first. if no-one replied there, then by all means bring the question here, and nobody would have a problem. :)

Sorry guys.....I didn't notice the memory section until I posted a couple of messages. Thanks

typer, i was not trying to be a PITA (pain in the a$$) but it does happen way too much. If peeps are looking for an answer to a specific question, do some research first, then scan the forum, then decide which one is the closest to your dilema.
If more did this we would'nt have as many redundent posts.

Back