• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA or AZIA which is which?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bomshanka

Registered
Hi guys, shortly I read in Registry that the TBird to go for is an AXIA with a "Y" on the third line. Now some of you claim that an AZIA is actually the better chip when it comes to O/C ing....so which is which. Can an informed person please shed some light on the issue? Thanx.

An AXIA chip has a good track record for overclocking and it is thought that that stepping code and anything later will also be good for overclocking. Since AZIA is a later stepping code it 'should' be a good overclocker as well.

I am very sceptical about this AZIA code. When someone actually posts a picture with the AZIA code clearly visiable then I will believe it.

Till then its just a rumour.

I agree with MsNath, I have yet to see one of these AZIA chips. BTW, nice overclock MsNath! I haven't gotten my 1.2 to run real stable at 1.5 with folding at home running.

I'm growing more skeptical as well. Sure, AMD is continually tweaking the process.......but I have yet to see an 'AZIA' part. I've looked. I will again tomorrow.

If I find one, it will be mine. I'd like to see a part. A nice clear photo of an 'AZIA' coded T-bird.

T

Back