• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

T-bird 1.4ghz?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I wonder if they are just OCed 1.33s. considering there have been no mentions of a 1.4 release or reviews.

I've heard "rumors" of a 1.4 Ghz release to happen soon, but never an official release by AMD.

Aaron

flashfx (May 05, 2001 11:51 a.m.):
It's either a pre-order or it's O/Ced

Since it's just a chip it cannot already be over clocked. You have to do something to a chip once it is installed in a system in order to oc it right? Like increase either multiplier or fsb. The chip will be what ever AMD says it is until you do that. So while there is nothing on the AMD site saying anything about 1.4's I would guess these really are 1.4's. Not all that surprising really. AMD is notorious for not updating the site. Seems to me the 1.33 was not listed there until it was already in stores.

well it is fairly obvious the 1.4 is the next step, and we all know the chips go that high, so it shouldn't be too far off.

Yeah, but 1.4...yawn. After I get this enhanced cooling system running, I have been able to boot this CPU over 1.7Ghz...but it won't run windows, cause right now, it gets too hot when it hits windows, but I got scared also, so I backed it down, however, it still had a BUTT load of headroom...and if everything works out right, maybe I could get high 1.7 - 1.8Ghz...that would RULE. ;D

Well why doesn't someone order one then? :) Who me naaa I already have a 1.5 Athlon :)

MsNath (May 07, 2001 06:59 p.m.):
Well why doesn't someone order one then? :) Who me naaa I already have a 1.5 Athlon :)

But just think how much farther you could overclock a 1.4! :) j/k you already have a great machine!

Back