• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bent pin question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skiing Squirrel

I have a 1.8... something. Haven't looked at the specifics yet, but I endded up bending about 4-5 pins while taking it out (heatsink was literally glued to it). I put them back, and tested the chip. It booted up just fine and got into bios. Is everything ok? Some chips that I have seem to not want to load the OS even though they boot up just fine. Of course those chips happen to be AMD as well. So will this chip be fine? Thanks.

I think you answered your own question. If it boots, then it should be fine. I don't see why it wouldn't load an os. BTW to keep the heatsink from sticking, turn the comp on without the fan on the heatsink on for about 30 seconds, this will allow the thermal grease to loosen up and will not cause it to stick.

Another option for removing the heatsink is to use a hair dryer to heat the heatsink up.

I also think your chip will most likely be fine if it is able to boot.

Back