• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.33/266

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jordan

all right guys, figure this out- my 1.33 was overclocked to 1.65 for the longest time stable, I finally got my raid harddrives setup on my ka266r (v1.3 w/latest bios)- anyway, the jumper setting that was physically set to 12.5 multiplier now sets to a multiplier of 13, because there is no microsetting, it ges from 120->126->133->136 I can only get 1560 as my highest stable speed, what is going on here??? I dropped the multiplier and tried for higher fsb, no go- I tried all combos and bios setups and 1560 is as high as I can get :-((

my temps are 37-40 full load watercooled and my ram is crucial pc2100 set to the slowest settings- what gives here!!!I could it be the raid controller, the hard drives are 7200rpm maxtors (30.2GB ea)

any help would be appreciated if you know of some other tweaks to try, thanks!

Since I'm not an Iwill person, I will hazard a guess. Some time along the way, you updated the bios. In some motherboards, the more recent revisions include a 13x multiplier when you call for 12.5. This was to accomodate the 1.3/200 cpus. People wanted to be able to use 13x100. Don't ask me why. Abit did the same thing in one of their recent revision changes.
Just a guess.

Hoot

jordan (May 07, 2001 09:01 p.m.):
all right guys, figure this out- my 1.33 was overclocked to 1.65 for the longest time stable, I finally got my raid harddrives setup on my ka266r (v1.3 w/latest bios)- anyway, the jumper setting that was physically set to 12.5 multiplier now sets to a multiplier of 13, because there is no microsetting, it ges from 120->126->133->136 I can only get 1560 as my highest stable speed, what is going on here??? I dropped the multiplier and tried for higher fsb, no go- I tried all combos and bios setups and 1560 is as high as I can get :-((

my temps are 37-40 full load watercooled and my ram is crucial pc2100 set to the slowest settings- what gives here!!!I could it be the raid controller, the hard drives are 7200rpm maxtors (30.2GB ea)

any help would be appreciated if you know of some other tweaks to try, thanks!

1.33 was overclocked to 1.65 for the longest time

ok?

am i to understand that by being overclocked to 1.65 for a while that it degraded my chip? It was 100% stable until I hooked up the raid instead of my old single unit harddrive.

ps- would you know of any reason why when i transferred stuff from that old single unit to the raided drives that half of it was fine and the other half looked like some sort of encrypted writing and could not be accessed? I tried to move my mp3s over and it didnt go very well

Back