• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

L1 Bridges and a quick question on voltage...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tacoman667

I have a problem posting at 1.65 and 1.7 vcores. I thought it was my PSU cause it was only a 250W. I got an Enermax 350W today and it still seems to not want to post at anythig between 1.6 and 1.75. WTF?? I NEVER had this problem with my Celery 700. Could the penciled in L1 bridges be the problem if they are not totally connected? I have never had a problem with the pencil marks at all so far. Also, if I pencil in my L7 bridges, will this allow me to post at 1.65 or 1.7vcore or does it just up the default voltage so that I can post into the 2.0 volts?

I thought that the default voltage on a Tbird was 1.75....so I guess I'm not seeing the problem.

I do know, though, that pencilling the L1s isn't going to do anything for voltage...unless you lower the multiplier.

ok, here is the prob, you need 1.7V and higher to post with a thunderbird, they require at least that much voltage. Unlike Intel CPUs, amds hog power and produce tons of heat, it is just what they do. You should only have to bother with the L1 bridges, but they only deal with unlocking the multiplier on the cpu. You need to have pretty good voltages to get the Athlons to run.

Ok, so I need to post with 1.7vcore or higher. Which vcore reading should I go by? the one in the bios <The one I set at 1.7> or the one in SiSfot Sandra <Posts at 1.75>? This confuses me all the time. My system will not post at 1.65 in the bios but the few times I actually got it to work, SiSoft says its at 1.7 but still won't post. GOD I'm so confused!

You should go by the voltage on your L7's. if you don't know how to read them find my thread titled L7's desired voltage. the BIOS voltage will not help you. You need to increase the default voltage on your chip. I believe that will help you post at higher multipliers.

Back