• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AXIA AVIA???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dayv

Registered
Can someone explain AXIA and AVIA, and their differences to me please.

AXIA and AVIA are stepping codes on T-bird processors. The AXIA code has a good track record for overclocking. Anything AXIA and later is thought to be good for overclocking. The AVIA code is a little earlier code but also doesnt have too bad a history for overclocking.

TT120 (May 10, 2001 08:35 a.m.):
AXIA and AVIA are stepping codes on T-bird processors. The AXIA code has a good track record for overclocking. Anything AXIA and later is thought to be good for overclocking. The AVIA code is a little earlier code but also doesnt have too bad a history for overclocking.

Ok Thanks, so would I be correct in thinking the new 266Mhz FSB (c) chips would be axia?

they MAY be, but older ones MAY still be out thier, lots of odd amd code have been seen so.....

Is there something on the chip to say whether its axia or not, if so what is it?

Dayv (May 10, 2001 02:49 p.m.):
Is there something on the chip to say whether its axia or not, if so what is it?

Yeah, the first 4 leters on the second line. It will look something like this:

A1200AMS3C <-------Speed and FSB of the chip (1200 mhz, 266 FSB)
AXIA0109SPDW <----Stepping code and week of mfgr (AXIA stepping, 9th week of 01)
9509541056 <----------Serial number

Dayv (May 10, 2001 02:37 p.m.):
TT120 (May 10, 2001 08:35 a.m.):

Ok Thanks, so would I be correct in thinking the new 266Mhz FSB (c) chips would be axia?
some are AVIA

Back