• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1gig 266 tbird doesnt want to overclock past 1.3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

For some stupid reason I cant use the multi 9.5 anymore..and I havent changed ANYTHING! At first it windows wouldnt run past 1.4 I can understand that but not past 1.3 anymore?!? Come on its like my tibird is getting lazy or something the most i can get right now is 146x8.5 =1243

This sux cause it makes no snese why it would quit all of the sudden I wven went back to my stock hsf and still no luck...I just dont get it. The sweet spot for me was 151x9.5 or 146x9.5 but no luck with that anymore

How did you unlock the L1's? if you used the pencil trick they migh need to be gone over again. I went with the rear window defroster trace paint/resin and it works perfectly, never any need to go back over.

i doubt that you had to do the pencil trick cause it was already unlocked right-if not try doing then again with a better source, rear defrost kit--try the FSB @ 133 then up to 9.5, run there for awhile, sounds crazy but maybe that will helpit to remember that multiplier??!!

LikuidFusion (May 11, 2001 11:42 a.m.):
i doubt that you had to do the pencil trick cause it was already unlocked right? -snip-

My 1.0G/266 had all the L1 traces cut. Several people, myself included have been experiencing unexplainable, intermittent loss of certain multipliers on KT7A boards. Redoing the L1 traces does not help, and in one persons case, he had a 1.3G that was factory unlocked. Definitely re-do you L1 traces, but don't be totally caught off-guard if it does not help. I'll sure be happy when VIA gets all the kinks out of the KT133A chipset, not to mention some mobo manufacturers getting the kinks out of their bios'.

Hoot

Back