• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Using VB.NET for PDAs and Cell phones

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mustard Duster

I know that VB.NET is capable of this, but the help file is not to helpful. There's a lot of crap for WindowsCE but nothing for PalmOS. Does anyone know where to start?

Thanks,
Jeremy

As long as the PDA or CellPhone has a .NET Compact Framework (either made from Microsoft, or from a third party) it can execute and run programs compiled to the .NET CLR. I do not know if there are any .NET Compact Frameworks for Cell Phone's though.

im pretty sure there are there is a option for it in the vb.net developers program i just havent gotten around to useing it

Mustard Duster said:
Thanks. I don't think my phone or pda support .NET. Micro$oft sucks anyway.

You ask for help on a Microsoft product, and then you say "Micro$oft sucks anyway"? I'm sorry I even bothered helping you, because you don't even have the dignity to say Microsoft. If you ask for help on something, you shouldn't, in the end, say that the company we are helping you with sucks.

KraziKid:

I suggest you read the forum rules again. That sort of conduct is completely unnecessary, and in fact, unwelcome here at the overclockers.com forums. Personal attacks are never allowed here, even if a fellow poster disagrees with you.

Titan386 said:
KraziKid:

I suggest you read the forum rules again. That sort of conduct is completely unnecessary, and in fact, unwelcome here at the overclockers.com forums. Personal attacks are never allowed here, even if a fellow poster disagrees with you.

I never attacked him personally. All I said is that if the thread started with a "btw, Micro$oft sucks", I wouldn't have helped; and I suggested that if they needed help on a subject, and the person helping gave an answer they may not have wanted to hear, that they shouldn't just end up saying the company sucked.

i can see both points of view

but i think krazikid is takeing it a little personly

Back