• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

nforce2 boards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Supertrucker

Way Too Jealous Member
i have an msi k7n2 delta and a barton 2500 that i would like to run at 3200+ speeds, the chip will post windows at default voltage but not be entirly stable, so i would like to add more voltage to the chip, however, any time i change the vcore in bios the computer will not reboot, i have to clear cmos, this has happened with two other chips that i have also tried. is there a stop feature im missing somewhere, i have upgraded to the latest bios and it persists to do this. even if i manually set the vcore to default of 1.6 i get no post. psu is not an issue as i have a true430, and two separate known good sticks of ram to try in it.

this is the third k7n2 delta i have had, i returned the first two thinking they were defective, any help would be appriciated

i had this problem with my original bios. i got around it by setting the FSB and multiplyer to auto detect and saved changes & exit, then set the VCore where i wanted it and saved changes & exit again and finally setting my FSB and multiplyer back.

i didn't always have to do that though, like every few VCore adjustments i had to do it. (EDIT: this was with a NF7-S)

well, i side stepped the stupid problem, dropped a few wires in my socket and viola, 1.85vcore, more than i wanted, but i gues i will just have to pass right on by 3200+ speeds and shoot for 2.4 or 2.5

Back