• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Temp check!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SwishBish33

Registered
I need to check my temps to make sure that everything is ok. Here's my setup. Computer has been up and running for about 2 months.

T-bred B 1700+ DLT3C OC'd to 2109 Mhz, 1.6 vcore (MBM reported)
Thermalright SK-7+
Thermaltake Smart Fan II
AS Ceramique
3x Panaflo L1A 80mm intake
2x Panaflo L1A 80mm exhaust

SFII at MAX - Temps IDLE/LOAD (running prime95): 44/51
Case temp: 27C

Ambient temperature in the room is probably around 80F. Case resides under a desk.

Are these high, or just right? I live in San Diego, weather has been in low 80s.

If high, any suggestions that are free/really cheap that could bring down the temps?

Thanks all.

Temps in San Diego have not been in low 80's more like high 80's, wow its been hot. Did you lap your heatsink? did you apply a small amount of ceramique or alot? You temps don't seem too high but they could be dropped a few degrees.

For real, man. It's friggin September, shouldn't it be cooling down?? Anyway, I didn't lap my heatsink because I'm a wuss and don't want to mess with it. I used a fair amount of Ceramique, pretty much what was recommended by Arctic Silver. Thanks dude.

Thermal-Rights have some serious ridges on the bottom you should really lap those down IMO if it's not too hard to get it off. 52 is a bit high but it will cool down hopefully as we get into november. Keep an eye on it.

man.... your guys temps are great compared to mine...

im running dually 1800+ currently at 2.016ghz with 1.58v

2 sk7's, and the quiet panaflos...

here is my temps... what should i do?

case: 31*C
cpu1: 52*C
cpu2: 62*C

it can get even higher... i dunno why

im using artic silver 3

i jsut lapped the sk7 too... and i believe im running at 14*144
even updated to the latest bios

Last edited:
Hmm... no idea. some motherboards report the temperature wrong. Post this in the motherboard section and see if anyone has had a temperature misreading with your motherboard.

As per my sig, I have an Athlon XP that runs pretty hot if overclocked at all.... Its about 51C idle and 58C load. I have the slk-900A with Artic Silver 3 on there, but aside from watercooling my temps aren't going down anytime soon.

Last edited:
Even opening my case doesn't cool anything down. There is maybe a .5C difference since with it opens it just fluctuates between 58C and 57C.

Back