• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new setup too many options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FizzledFiend

I have an ASUS A7N8X Delux mobo rev. 2 and bios 1005 I have the RADEON 9600Pro and I notice that there are more options related to my vid card in the bios than there were in my old MSI KT333 ARU board.

I was hoping a bit of insite as to what I should be doing in there and how to go about maxing out this card currently I use Rage 3dTweak v3.9 and have it OCed to 499.50/348.75 and the voltage to the card was bumped up one step to I belive 2.6 (?)

I get a score in 3DMark2001se of 13966 @ 1024X768, 32 bit color

I liquid cool as well, this is my first venture to OCing a vid card as my last card was the 7500 AIW

thanks for the help!

oh yea I see not artifacts and the system runs rock solid. is this an acceptable score or should i try harder?

no ram cooling..yet of course.

thers an otpion in the bios to set the MHz of the AGP slot and there is a voltage adjustment.
I run a Barton 2500+ 1.8 @ 2.5 512 of DDR 3500 dual channel

FizzledFiend said:
thers an otpion in the bios to set the MHz of the AGP slot and there is a voltage adjustment.
I run a Barton 2500+ 1.8 @ 2.5 512 of DDR 3500 dual channel
Set the AGP MHZ to 66. Increasing it won't improve performance and can only cause problem. Leave the voltage alone. I don't know why AGP voltage gets included in so many BIOS'. If you want to overvolt your video card it has to be done with complex and dangerous wire solders on the PCB.

Back