• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will BH-5 clock high @ 2.83v?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

My motherboard, the Epox 8RGA, has up to 2.9v but the option actually only gives 2.83v. Will this be enough to clock BH-5 Winbond RAM high (200+) at tight timings (CAS2-2-2-6)?

It depends.

It depends on your definition of high.
If by 200+ you mean 210-220, then it should by all means but nothing's promised.
If by 200+ you mean 240-250, then highly unlikely with only 2.83V.

It also depends on the module that you receive. Every memory chip differs slightly, memory chip production methods arn't yet perfect to stop this. Every PCB can offer you differance performance, a great chip on a bad PCB hurts your OC. Every motherboard will treat memory in slightly differing ways. Every computer assembly might not be optimum for highest possible memory OC.

Memory is very much a luck game as it is top-product.

By high I mean 210-230ish :). Thanks a lot for your helpful replies in my threads, SpeedMechanic2. I really appreciate them :)!

Bh5 should do up to 220 with nice tight timings fairly easily on low volts. Going above 220-230 or so takes alot of juice from what I've heard.

Back