• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Price/Performance???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JimmyG

1.33 Ghz (266 FSB) Amd CPUs are selling about $35 more than 1.3 Ghz (200 FSB). Does anyone know the relative overclockability of the two chips? Is it worth it to spend $35 for .03 Ghz to start???

I'm using ASUS A7V133A, WBK38 HSF, 256MB Cas2, 400W PS, ASUS 7100 Video.

I dunno about the overclockability of those chips, check the database on the main page. As for the best price/performance CPU, I would just go with a 1 ghz 266 FSB CPU, they all seem to overclock to about 1400 mhz and they are priced great, I'm at 1400 mhz and it only cost me about $140 :)

Aaron

It is matched to the M/Board chipset. If you have a Via K133A chipset, it can use the 266 FSB CPU or a new DDR 266 Chipset Board. It is suppose to be approximately 5% faster than a 200 FSB CPU on the same M/Board. Look at the FSB spec's on your current M/Board that you will be using or buy for a future upgrade. The AXIA (CODE) 1G 266 FSB T-Bird is the best deal for your $$$. MY new 1.33 266 FSB T-Bird was unlocked.

Pat

To answer your question the 266 chips have a lower multiplier so they are easier to OC. Doesn't mean a 200 won't do better just that it makes it easier with some mobos that need to boot at fsb at default multiplier.

Aman99 (May 16, 2001 12:56 p.m.):
I dunno about the overclockability of those chips, check the database on the main page. As for the best price/performance CPU, I would just go with a 1 ghz 266 FSB CPU, they all seem to overclock to about 1400 mhz and they are priced great, I'm at 1400 mhz and it only cost me about $140 :)

Aaron

What kind of cooling are you using and is it an AXIA or AXIA Y?

Back