• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

upcomming new tech. Is it going to fit current cases.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RedArmy

The subject pretty much says it all. I was thinking of investing into a new expensive PC case and thought that I check on all the news about Express Video slot and such.... In the next 3-5 years what do you guys think? Is the format of the case going to stay the same?

It will remain the same, mostly. 5 years is tough to see in the glass ball though. The thing that changes the quickest is the power supply spec- sometimes manufacturers introduce the need for special connectors etc (P4 12v pin, SATA connectors etc).
The dimensions of videocards are not very likely to change (PCI Express or not) in a way that would make them unfit to mount in current day cases IMHO.

RedArmy said:
can anybody confirm that info?

Sure ! lemme hop into my time machine ; BRB :D I dont think u can confirm the future , but i feel what he said was pretty much correct . looking back there hasent been much change except for AT designs to ATX designs then whatever will come next ...

Back