• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

NVIDA's Money Lures EIDOS To Pull Patch @ GamersDepot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Why does Nvidia constantly do stupider and stupider moves? Do they REALLY want to run out of bussines???

Phoenix87 said:
Why does Nvidia constantly do stupider and stupider moves? Do they REALLY want to run out of bussines???

Most people probably won't notice and/or care. By "people" I mean "potential nvidia customers".

What is funny is that the 49 patch improves performance across the board in Tomb Raider , that is in all ATI and Nvidia cards ! It also adds several important bug fixes . Now that is has been removed , this will only hurt everyone's performance and cause paying customers to have to continue to suffer with bugs ! "Cutting off one's nose to spite one's face" is an appropriate statement in this case .

What is even more funny is that versions prior to the 49 patch also have the benchmark ability and due to the lack of the optimisations in 49 , will perform even worse :rolleyes: .

Here are some links for any who still want it :

ftp://ftp.eidos.co.uk/pub/uk//tomb_raider_AOD/patch/TRAOD_PC_PATCH_V49_ALL_LANGUAGES.exe

http://support.eidosinteractive.com...Darkness/TRAOD_PC_PATCH_V49_ALL_LANGUAGES.exe

http://support.eidosinteractive.com...sp?patch=75&game=91&platform=3&problemType=13

I'm not sure how long these will stay up though .

Damian said:

Most people probably won't notice and/or care. By "people" I mean "potential nvidia customers".

I have to disagree with you (let's agree to disagree, Peace). If I was looking for a video card and nVidia was on sale (like on Black Friday) I would pass it up as not such a good deal if it wouldn't run the newest games like Half Life 2 and DOOM III in some crippled mode on my system compared to a more expense offering from ATI. I might just be looking when the end of the month rolls around and I find out my Ti4200-128 is pulled to it's knees by HL2.

nVidia is truly hurting the gaming community by doing that. They are forcing paying customers to live with problems, be they ATi or nVidia users.

With how much people say the enthusiest community means little, we have a hell of a lot more effect on the entire computer industry then any other market.

Back