• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Power Supply Wiring Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malph

Registered
I disassembled the ATX power connector in order to sleeve the wiring. Although I marked the wire colours with the connector I did not take note that some of the pins have two wires going to that pin.
Example: 5V line (red wire) and 3.3V (orange wire) each have one pin with two of these wires connected.
Because there are other red and orange wires I am not sure if these pins are in the proper place.

I am having some stability problems with my ram at different Vdimm settings and not sure if it could be related.

Power supply is Antec SL 400 Smart Power

Thanks

There are a total of 3 orange (3.3V) and 5 red (5V) wires that connect to the ATX plug.
The pins that had two wires connected to them could have came from any of these locations.

I wonder if all power supply's are the same as far as these double wires go or if Antec decides how to wire the plug?

Anybody out there with an Antec power supply who can check their plug?

Thanks

Only 2 pins could be in the wrong place but I'm not sure if it matters. All wires are connected properly, its just the pins that have two wires connected to it that I am concerned about

The extra wire is the voltage sense wire to keep the voltage output the same under heavy loading. It really doesn't matter which pin the 2-wire one goes to as long as you put the correct voltages back in the holes :eek:

By default I think the 3.3Vsense wire goes to pin 11. I don't know about Antec's design-specific vsense wires so I can't tell you where the 5vsense goes to.

Thanks L337

Yes, all the wires are were they should be and the system is working fine. If they are only sensing wires then I won't worry about it.
I'm having some stability issues(errors in Prime95 after a few hours) and I always wondered about the location of these two double wires.

Malph

Back