• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Aquarius 2??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subzero

ok im
low on cash but want water cooling is the aquarius 2 any good? i plan to upgrade the radiator it comes with to a camry heater core with 2 x 120mm fans on it. but is the pump and block on it any good or am i better off just buying the best thing straight up?

id say buy the best thing straight up. you can get most of the things you need for a decent price. try ebay or here int he forums for all the thigns you need

Also depends what you are gonna pay for it, if you can get it dirt cheap, its about like mid to good air cooling... but silent. I have played with one and its ok, if you like silent, thats one of its good points. I modded one with a 120mm fan on each side of the rad and it worked pretty well, the single 80mm it ships with is just not enough and helps give it a bad name. The block is actually not bad at all, and mounting hardware is great. The pump.... well, its slow, but again.... its silent. If you can get it for around $50 US, not a bad deal, anything over that... pay the little extra and go for a better setup.

problem is i can get the aqurius 2 for $160 australian the swiftec is $450 or just a swiftec CPU block is $150 now i am assuming the swiftec is better qulity cause of the price but still im limited to $250 at the most.

if you've never done water before starting out with something like an aquarius isn't a bad idea, though you'd be limited to only 6mm tubes, but still i think its better than air....

fafnir said:
if you've never done water before starting out with something like an aquarius isn't a bad idea, though you'd be limited to only 6mm tubes, but still i think its better than air....

Like I said... I have tried it, its like good air cooling BUt with almost ZERO noise. So if you like quiet, it is a good setup for you. There are various things you can to improve its perfromance.

Holy crap people... the Aquarius II is NOT good. It shouldn't even be called a 'cooler'. Do a search in this forum on 'aquarius' and see what results you pull up. That was the first good thing I've EVER read on this p.o.s. I honestly can't stress it enough.. .NO NO NO NO NO. Do not buy this hunk of junk.

vonkaar said:
Holy crap people... the Aquarius II is NOT good. It shouldn't even be called a 'cooler'. Do a search in this forum on 'aquarius' and see what results you pull up. That was the first good thing I've EVER read on this p.o.s. I honestly can't stress it enough.. .NO NO NO NO NO. Do not buy this hunk of junk.

Oh..I wouldn't go that far as to say its THAT bad... because it is NOT the worst out there... its a heck of a lot better than that Iceberg junk.

hmm why cant everyone just agree on good/bad for once i get confused and cant decide when i have 20 yes and 1 no.. i was just about to buy it aswell. i actually dont mind thermaltake stuff i meen look at the cooling in my sig. will it keep a 2500+ not overclocked at under 40c with ambient temps of 25c? or how will it do if i add bigger rad or pump? thanks?

JDXNC said:

Oh..I wouldn't go that far as to say its THAT bad... because it is NOT the worst out there... its a heck of a lot better than that Iceberg junk.

I agree... it's not the WORST thing in the world... but then, Influenza isn't as bad as Ebola. =p. I'd rather have NO illness ^_^.

To prove my mastery over vB code, here are a few other opinions =p

Originally posted by rogerdugans From: this thread...
But avoid the Aquarius- that MIGHT be enough to water cool a...say, 486dx-100, but it isn't worth $10 if you have anything newer;) Not in my arrogant opinion anyway.:D

Originally posted by deviantbox From this thread...
after the crappy aquarius in WC they come out with this.....:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BinarySuperman From this thread...
After realizing that the thermaltake aquarius II is COMPLETE crap, i've decided to get another setup, one that will actually cool my cpu...

Originally posted by YviE From this thread...
The Aquarius waterkits aren't real good performers. The pomp is very weak, about 100L/ hour and the tubing is very small too.

I've people getting higher temps with this kit, than with plain aircooling.

Originally posted by Giblet Plus! From this thread...
Since every part of that system is weak, you'd be best off selling it and building yourself a real water cooling system.

Originally posted by likwidkool From this thread...
So I say to just read and ask some questions and build your own. You will be a lot happier in the end. Otherwise go buy a Dell and an Aquarius and regret it later;)

And.... the best thread ever written on the Aquarius II...
Click here!

how much are you going to spend on the Aquarius II, i have seen them around OLY for ~125 usd, i spend just a little more (~150 usd) and my setup is quiter, and cools beter, i thing you could.should put your own together.

subzero said:
hmm why cant everyone just agree on good/bad for once i get confused and cant decide when i have 20 yes and 1 no.. i was just about to buy it aswell. i actually dont mind thermaltake stuff i meen look at the cooling in my sig. will it keep a 2500+ not overclocked at under 40c with ambient temps of 25c? or how will it do if i add bigger rad or pump? thanks?

I give no chance that aquarius will work on 15c difference even on ont overclocked CPU.
Just prepare for CPU temperatures over 50c.

Via Aqua pump, heatercore (used), good block (buf of course no cascade for reasonable price) and I think that it's possible to get real cooling below price of aquarius.

The aq2 kit is a very decent kit; over priced but as a newbie to water cooling it got me in a comfort zone for now building a complete DIY setup. Likewise the aq2 comes with a pretty good water block (bit small) and a sound design. Not only is it good to learn with but also very silent and can give respectable operating temperatures in SLIGHTLY oc'd environments or stock.

Ven0m said:

Via Aqua pump, heatercore (used), good block (buf of course no cascade for reasonable price) and I think that it's possible to get real cooling below price of aquarius.
You just defined my setup :D

If you're set on low priced kits I suggest you check out the Aquastealth customized 1/2" kit. It's cheaper then an Aquarius 2 and should perform quite well.

$95.00
Comes standard with:
*Slit Edge P4/AMD WB
*Black & Chrome HeaterCore Radiator
*Delta 120mm Ball Bearing Fan with Power connector and fan screws
*Assembled Via Aqua 1/2" pump, 1/2" Fill T
*7 feet of MasterKlear 1/2" Tubing

ok well i have seen 2 good posts about the aquarius and the rest are bad so i think thats enough to make me change my mind about it except i realy like thermaltake stuff i meen heck every peace of cooling in my rig is thermaltake and i even have a thermaltake keyboard and mouse. so what is some suggestions on something that is decent but around the same price as the aquarius?

I'm not sure subzero, I don't look at the kits too often. But... yes, thermaltake as a whole is a good company, they just screwed up on a few products. Ask anyone how they feel about the smarftan2 and it's always a resounding A+. So no, I don't think they suck so bad as the Aquarius II would suggest =p.

ITS baddddddddddd there 1 more post to turn your head away =d usually custom setups the best.. if thats too much then go to the classifieds and look for parts

if i had the money and know how and the patiance i would build my own and i plan to do it eventually just not now. im hoping to just pick up a complete system and throw it in and get decent performance

Just buy an sk-7 or slk-800 and slap a smartfan 2 on it. It's better and possibly cheaper then the aqaurius 2.

However, if you do plan on getting the aquarius, I highly recommend that you get a better pump. DC bilge pumps are not well known for their reliability. The water block is an OK waterblock; not great but OK.

Mounting aquarius II is not easier than mounting separately bought parts.
Just get one of sets presented here with good results, mount and have fun.
You won't regret that you haven't chosen Aquarius.

ThermalTake produces nice cases & air cooling system but they have no experience with water cooling.

Back