• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buffalo 512mb PC3700 512/WB memory rules!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GoldenTiger

Just got my Buffalo 512/WB PC3700 module in today. I popped it in, first tried 180mhz @ 2-2-2-6 and 2.8v, it POSTed. Passed memtest, so I tried 190. Same thing. 200... yep! 210... yep! 215... yep! I'm going to try higher later, but right now I want to game some... very impressive for a $99 stick of BH-5 chipped RAM at such a low voltage.

My motherboard, an Epox 8RGA, only allows up to 2.9v VDIMM, but at that setting actually outputs 2.8v according to the BIOS voltage monitors, so I can't test this RAM to its max like I could at 3.0v+, but I'm VERY happy with what I've gotten so far.

blah i dont know about my buffalo 3200. if u read in my other thread. ist scoring worst than a 2100. i think it mite be the mobo.... *sigh* too many problems......

I have some pc3700 running on a max 3 at 2.5448 5:4 cpu is running at 280. I like the memory. Will get some more.

I'm not gonna post scores with my Mem till i finish the Vdimm mod. I can't wait to see what these sticks can do. I've heard only good for Buffalo with 3.2+ Vdimm!

I have one 512mb stick to answer your question... dual channel typically slightly limits overclockability, but makes up for it in the bandwidth gain from the dual channel mode, so don't worry :). DEFINITELY go for it... this RAM's great and cheap!

Sweet, sounds awesome. I have $150 saved up now but i need about $210 to buy em and ship them here. I am getting a job thoguh workin on saturdays for 5 hous since i am a minor i cant work much. But i will work for 6 weeks so i will come out with approximatly $180 and have enough for them. I will post my stuff on them too once i get them.

You will get 2-2-2-6 typically close to 220 MHz FSB and not much further. This is almost a rule with Winbond BH-5. Excellent memory and probably the best for AMD setup or for 5:4 setup with Intel. In case of AMD setups you can go a little further with CH-5 but with 2-3-2-6 which makes a significant loss on bandwidth as compared with 2-2-2-6.
In either case the bandwidth is lower than a standard DDR500 by Geil, OCZ, or A-Data no matter what you do.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this info Golden Tiger. I am also planning on buying two sticks of 512mb and running them in dual channel mode for a 2.4c system. Hopefully I will be able to get good speeds and timmings with these buffalo sticks. $200 for 1gb of ram sounds very good to me!!

This stuff should let you get 4:5 at good timings with a reasonable overclock (between 3.2 and 3.4). If you get a good chip you might have to go down to 3:2 or shove some serious voltage through it.

if you get a good chip that lets you get 290+ fsb you are gonna need a vmod to get 2-2-2-x timings with the 5:4 divider.
If you have a p4c800 or p4p800 the vdim mod is realy easy. With an ic7 or is7 it is a little more tricky. I am not sure about any other intel boards though, but the vdim mod on the p4c800 takes like 15 minutes.

Hey I was tired when I came home after three hours at work... cut me some slack. (I blame the hurricane).

I have 2x512mb of this ram, see my sig for results. For el cheapo ram, this stuff is really good :D

I'm running it at 2-3-2-6, 2.8v (no vmod here.) Although it might go higher if I could run more volts through it, I'm not sure if it is the ram or my chip that is halting at 3.3ghz.

Back