• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1800+ juihb dl3tc refusing to oc properly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Axion

system in sig... need any more info just ask

p.s. the psu is a 550w cwt (basically a 550w truepower without special fan connectors)

i managed 133*13.5... didnt prime it but it booted into windows flawlessly..

then same with 150*10....

but @ 165+*10 it failed....

do i need to rma my ram? should i use the base fsb and see how high my cpu will go? then test single channel each stick to see how they perform?

p.s. the nf7-s automatically relaxes the timings as i increase the fsb... i was testing 2.5-3-3-8... which setting allows me to pick each one?... it has 5 or so

What are you doing hitting 133 FSB with PC3200 RAM?

That thing's default is 200 FSB. You have Abit nForce2.

Lower the multiplier and do 200 FSB x lower multi.

Are you at default Vcore? Increase it a little. Increase RAM voltage too.

Excellent heatsink!

thanks... keep this thread near you please because either today when i get back from work... or tomorrow im going to do some intensive testing

i know the ram is default @ 200mhz.... but it could it be bad ram holding me back?

vcore is 1.5 default and vdimm is 2.7v... shall i try 1.6 and 2.75? @ 200*lowest available multi?

should i turn ide2 and floppy pors off?

edit/ do you think i should reseat my cpu? the temps are a bit higher than i thought they should be un o/c'd and i think i porbably put too much as3 on... went for an even coating removing the cooper colour completely - was that TOO much?

you thats the thing...

temp isnt holding me back because it still idles @ 35c and load never goes over 45c... which isnt bad but isnt good enough for me

ram shouldnt be holding me back, nor should temps, nor should the chip, nor should the mobo...

... but for some reason it wasnt working flawlessly!

My chip is FULL CRAP! But it's doing 200x10@default so yours should be able to do it too. What week it is ? The mobo and the ram are not the problem here

Increase the Vcore - On the one in my sig I can get it to 1.75GHz on 1.5v, but after that Prime95 hard locks and I have to reboot. It seems like your chip needs more voltage if it isn't POSTing properly.

Your PC3200 RAM should be capable of tight timings, not with the ones that the BIOS gives. My motherboard also loosens timings automatically, so set them to user defined and leave them at the defaults for your RAM up to 200MHz.

You simply cannot be overclocking like that without increasing the Vcore gradually even up to 1.8 volts

ive got it to 185x11 stabily... ive ran prime for about 3 hrs, sandra too, 3dmark01se and some gaming

between 185 and 195 prime fails... and above 195... nothing happens... no post no windows...

ive tested in the extremes and achieved 100*22 and 200*lowest multi available..

i dont know what week it is... i should have taken the whole code down but forgot...

185*11 is @ default volts... which isnt bad is it?

ive tried 1.6vcore and 1.7vdimm but 200*11 still fails... i might try 1.6vcore @ 190*11

i think i should reseat the slk900... upp the vdimm to 2.7 and the vcore to 1.65 and try that...

Ohhh, this is not looking good for me. I just got one of these chips, same stepping and haven't tested it yet. :( It won't be untill Weds but I'll post some results so you can compare. It will be watercooled but it should give you a little reference.

i have been really busy and havent had time to continue my testing... and overclocking

in heincite i should have got a 2500+ barton

Back