• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Favorate case/power supply combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nukemall

No Classified access for me
Whats your favorate case/powersupply combincation (they dont have to be packed toghter). I need to change my case and powersupply to something that has better cooling and dosent sound like a lawn mower. Also the cheeper the better.

Welcome to the forums!

Here's my preferred combination: Antec SLK3700AMB with either Fortron 530w, or Antec/Channel Well 480w or 550w; though it doesn't come like that from the factory. Had I not had a good PSU already, I would have gotten them to swap one of the above PSU's into the case.

The default PSU for this case is the Antec SL350, which is a dual fan unit that does run acceptably quiet. Would limit you for serious overclocking, but it's a good start.

Oklahoma Wolf has a real nice combo there ;) The slk3700AMB is a gorgeous case. The paint job on it is real nice and the 120mm fan mounts rock. The 530w fortron PSU is also real nice.

I also love my Lian-Li PC-65B. The ultimate power supply, the PC Power & Cooling 510 Delux, is the perfect combination to go with the perfect case :D

I dont think id do much overclocking with it, the most important thing for me is price, and how quiet it is. If i were to overclock it it would be very minimal as i bought it as set and the hardware isnt really up to the task. Im asuming you could safely overclock a 1900+ to around 1.8mhz or so without too much risk and major power drain. Tho even that might be a bit pushing it. Currently tho its running at around 160-180 degrees not overclocked for cpu temp and im not perticulary happy about that.

Hrm for that light amount of ocing you might want to check into a fortron 350W. There is a version that has a 120mm fan on it that is fairly quiet.

The 3700 as I have it isn't too bad for loudness, the loudest two fans being in my 420w single fan CWT PSU and the Aero 7+, but with a Fortron 350 with 120mm fan this case would be very quiet indeed depending on the CPU cooler you use. The hard drives mount to rubber grommets too, and I can't hear them over the Aero 7+ and PSU.

Further quietness can be attained by dremeling out the crappy stock 120mm fan grilles and putting wire ones in instead. The case has 2 120mm fan locations - one in front of the 5 bay internal removable hard drive rack and one below the PSU. I am not sorry I bought this case :D

u want solid, and quiet, without heavy o/c, fortron 350w would be perfect. If you're interested in a full tower, i grabbed this case from newegg, H700B with a 350 fortron (sparkle) for $115. I finished installing my system and watercooling into it. Excellent case to work with.

linkie Aopen H700B

pics

Back