• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1.2GHZ @ 1575MHZ stable ! 300FSB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ReTiCuLeX

Well so far burning in my CPU @ high speeds made me achieve a whiping 1575MHZ stable . I had it at 1587MHZ stable with 276 Bus but I rather drop 12 Mhz so I can increase my bus from 276 to 300 = ) my temps are 43c idle 46c load. 1 Think I don't get is that with my comp @ 1587 with 276 bus it did better on bench marks then my 1575 with 300 bus I don't get that..... Iam using sisoftsandra2001 heres the previous benches from 1587mhz http://www.geocities.com/reticule1/home.htm more screenshots on the way of bench marks etc... Im only 15 I gota get my school work and house chores done or else I would have all those Screen shots rdy lol well plz reply ty.........ReTiCuLe G)Ds

I bet the reason that you get better scores is that the processor is more stable at the lower speed,maybe it just hasnt had a major enough error to crash only small ones when under stress,,,,wildone

Your busses can carry errors and still not crash. You just get more requests for repeat. That can slow the benchmarks. FWIW, with the right air cooling, you can get excellent OCs at very good temps. See my sig on my miserly 1.0G/266. Imagine what I could accomplish with a 1.2G.

Hoot

Ya I see well I got it @ 40c now idle and mobo temps are 31c Im saving up for dangerden2 waterblock ; ) maybe ill get to exactly 1.6GHZ then so far I got no crashes I mean when istarted it up it took like 1 of those must reboot things it said reg error that i had to reboot for it to restore regestry so I did. I played Rogue Spear online for 1 hr and I didn't get any freezes the only thing I did get was better performence in my comp I was killing every 1 123 overclocked I was amazed also everything runs so fast my internet conn when I click on a webpage It don't like take a while to load up on my cable modem like b4 =) anyways if u got any better ideas I can do to cool my CPU plz post so far I got the aquastealth 2 watercool kit 1 house hold 12 inch fan which is over my radiator with another fan that drops my mobo temps with case open the fan and my Cpu like 3 degrees =) I also have Rio 180 pump that came with kit , artic2 silver over my copper waterblock and I got a peltier 122 watt and cold plate siting in my draw cause I tried it and it don't make a difference.I keep burning in my cpu so that I can get higher speeds like if i wait 1 day and I stay at 1575 tomma I should get 151x10.5 (1585MHZ) and so on.

Btw I didn't throttle my maxtor drive back on nuttin I left it alone it works like a charm ;-) btw to let you all know the motherboard I got it MSI K7T 266 Pro no raid.

Note: Hoot I still got that hsf you told me to buy back in march the Global win WBK38 what should i do with it besides let it collect dust ?? can I buy a waterblock to use the delta 6800 fan it came with make my CPU cooler ? thx.......ReTiCuLe G)Ds

Obviously, you have taken care of cooling the CPU, but what do you have for case circulation? Also, does that 12 inch room fan drive the air through your radiator effectively? About the only way to meter that would be to read the high side and low side water temps at the radiator. My understanding, from reading, is that radiators do better with like 120mm fans in push-pull configuration. No douth a pair of 120s would be louder than a room fan though.

Hoot

Well I got 1 of the 120mm fans I duno how to get my temp down Itried replacing waterblock and also laying my radiator diff ways how can i test high side and low side of radiator I duno how to do that lol , anyways if what ur talking about is the temps when i startup they are like 21c when i startup the CPU then as i gradually keep it on the temp rises = ( I think ill forget about my geforce 3 im saving for either a new vid card or vapo chill unit . thx for ur help hoot.

You're doing great, I'm just surprised you're not getting a better reduction in temperature. Not that I'm a water cooling guru, that's for sure. Do you have a means of checking for and bleeding off any air in the loop? Are you using a reservoir? What exactly have you sacrificed to the OC Gods? ;D Seriously, do you have a Compu-Nurse or other brand of digital thermometer? If you do, put the sensor on the tubing just before it enters the radiator. Leave it on until the temp stabilizes. Then move it to the tubing on the exit port and repeat. Then you know how efficient your radiator is working.

Hoot

Hoot (May 23, 2001 10:08 p.m.):
You're doing great, I'm just surprised you're not getting a better reduction in temperature. Not that I'm a water cooling guru, that's for sure. Do you have a means of checking for and bleeding off any air in the loop? Are you using a reservoir? What exactly have you sacrificed to the OC Gods? ;D Seriously, do you have a Compu-Nurse or other brand of digital thermometer? If you do, put the sensor on the tubing just before it enters the radiator. Leave it on until the temp stabilizes. Then move it to the tubing on the exit port and repeat. Then you know how efficient your radiator is working.

Hoot

He's probably running at 1.85V and with close to 1.6GHz he is generating about 100W on the CPU alone. 44C is pretty good actually. I am getting about 40C myself but with case open and about 90MHz less

Yo

Well I checked for Air leaks there are none my dad even went overem and put RTV sealer and stuff we don't got comp nurse maybe will order it.Thx guys for help.......ReTiCuLe G)Ds

sigh!

I guess I'll have to take my Duron 650 out its socket and put it back in.

How the hell did you get that thing stable! Could you send me the Code on the processor and the rated speed. I'm saving up for a T/Bird already!

Hope u reach higher. If u have the FSB @ 300 then with a 12.5 multiplier u should be able to get 1875MHz Maximum. Good Luck! (if u have a 300FSB then u dont need luck - uve got enough)

I do got 300fsb and she runs rock stable 1 thing bro I would love to take out my chip for you but I got waterblock over it and stuff and its a pain in the neck to remove and put back on so sorry I can't give you whole code but it is an AXIA chip I can tell ya with a purple core ;) 1.2GHZ I Think ill hold off for 1 month then ill try for 1.7GHZ lol.

^^^Floorkiller^^^ (May 24, 2001 03:02 p.m.):
Nice, BUT!

I "had" an [email protected] AXIA that made 40c idle and 45c full. - - Aircooled - -

Yepp, FOP-38 AND, a big 120mm fan blowing from the side.

did just fine until " !#¤%"#% "

There is quite a difference between 1.5 and 1.575. Those extra 75 MHz probably generate another 5-10W on top of the 95W that you were trying to control. Also. watercooling will not drop the temps that much, but it definitely is less noisy...

Yo

Well im heading for 1633Mhz or at least 1600 rite now I just boosted her to 1585 = 0 302bus I know u reached it air cooled but watercool is alot better as it cools it suficent and my mobo temps are like 80f with watercool with fan they were like 116f ,btw soon ill be geting dangerden maze 2 waterblock so my temps will be at least 15c cooler ;)

1 More thing my PS/2 Mouse like won't go off when i shut down its an intelli eye explorer when I shutdown it won't go off at all ! I kept it on overnight to see if it would go off it won't unless i unplug it btw when I put it into USB port it don't work = ( duno why but it just don't I think USB ports can't handle the high FSB for a mouse like this all thoe my other stuff like speakers and usb scanner work fine....

Back