• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

buffalo pc3700 on Newegg

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've been watching this thread like a hawk since its a great deal for memory. I'm in a unique situation where I would like to keep my old abit 845pe board and run one of the newer 800fsb p4s.
So far, I can push my samsung to 210fsb with massaged timings using my friends 2.4c on my mobo.

I would like to run a 2.8c @ 250fsb for 3.5ghz on water. So I am asking if anyone has been able to reach 250fsb with this memory yet since the 845pe has only 1:1 as lowest cpu/memory ratio.

Thanks in advance,

Efini

hm, i could try to load at 250, not sure yet if my board will handle that, but when i have time this evening, (going to work now) i will relax the timings and see if it will load windows at 250ish, i think it's unlikely on an amd setup however. it has been done, but i think i would need a vcc mod. we shall see. I'm pretty sure the ram could do it though.

J.

I'm thinking about getting it but i have a bit more money to spend so i don't know. But i am kinda wanting that Aspire X-Superalien case. So i'm going to contemplate which ram i'm gonna get, the buffalo or maybe some higher end stuff

FattyMcNastyXK said:
I'm thinking about getting it but i have a bit more money to spend so i don't know. But i am kinda wanting that Aspire X-Superalien case. So i'm going to contemplate which ram i'm gonna get, the buffalo or maybe some higher end stuff

hey man, to each his own :D. Personally i'm allways after price/performance, and right now it seems to me that this bufallo OWNS.

btw, no way i'm going to get 250mhz on this amd rig without some modding. this rig is still a little new for me to go drawing on the mobo with a pencil :D.

J.

efini said:
I've been watching this thread like a hawk since its a great deal for memory. I'm in a unique situation where I would like to keep my old abit 845pe board and run one of the newer 800fsb p4s.
So far, I can push my samsung to 210fsb with massaged timings using my friends 2.4c on my mobo.

I would like to run a 2.8c @ 250fsb for 3.5ghz on water. So I am asking if anyone has been able to reach 250fsb with this memory yet since the 845pe has only 1:1 as lowest cpu/memory ratio.

Thanks in advance,

Efini

A few things to note on this topic:

1) buffalo 3700 will not run 500MHz.
2) IT7Max's won't run 250fsb (220ish max)
3) buffalo 3700 will run 460-470MHz at tight timings on a 845 board.
4) 865pe and 875 dramatically outperform 845e anyway, so if performance is the goal you are already at the end of 845's rope.

FattyMcNastyXK said:
of course! if the memory can run at stock with those timmings, then won't it be able to when its under-stock
Alright Fatty, could you please keep me updated on how fast you are running this baby......having the same board and all....thanks!

Larva,

Thanks for the reply. My IT7 says it can reach 250fsb in the bios but due to ram and chipset limitations I cannot test this out. In your post you mentioned that IT7s reach 220fsb, were you referring to a bios limitation or a common fsb cap of IT7/845 fsb limits that people reach. It seems my best bet is to either upgrade the motherboard or simply play the waiting game for D-1 533fsb P4s. In my earlier post I forgot to mention that I was wondering about running 250fsb with the buffalo with loose timings (3-7-7-7). The real reason why I am so adamant about sticking with my current setup instead of getting a motherboard is that I don't want to deal with modifying my water cooling setup again :p

Thanks,

Efini

Back